The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey everyone!

James

Guest WullieC

Welcome
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_cool.gif

Welcome to the site mate, im in the exact same position as your self, but im waiting a year till im 21, had a quote from bell for 900 on a uk tt with my ncb etc, i was looking into it now but insurance on a tt is terrible but in the deen it will be alot cheeper! :cool:

if your a uni student tho i wouldnt be rushing into this, a supra aint cheep to run, and if it goes wrong god help you! :(

also a jump from the car you have to a supra is very large and as a rule of thumb might not end well also RWD cars are very different in regards to handling and driving style to a FWD so if i were you a banger of a 200sx might be a good idea, (£400 banger with a few months tax and MoT jst to get used to a rwd) not saying you cant drive but its better to make a mistake in a rusty old 200 than your baby supra ;)

Hope to see you at some meets mate :cool:

• 2 months later...
Welcome
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_cool.gif

Welcome to the site mate, im in the exact same position as your self, but im waiting a year till im 21, had a quote from bell for 900 on a uk tt with my ncb etc, i was looking into it now but insurance on a tt is terrible but in the deen it will be alot cheeper! :cool:

if your a uni student tho i wouldnt be rushing into this, a supra aint cheep to run, and if it goes wrong god help you! :(

also a jump from the car you have to a supra is very large and as a rule of thumb might not end well also RWD cars are very different in regards to handling and driving style to a FWD so if i were you a banger of a 200sx might be a good idea, (£400 banger with a few months tax and MoT jst to get used to a rwd) not saying you cant drive but its better to make a mistake in a rusty old 200 than your baby supra ;)

Hope to see you at some meets mate :cool:

Hey dude, yeah I decided I'm just gonna wait til I'm out of Uni and go for an RZ then.

I decided that I'd rather have my outgoings (on the car) to incomings ratio to stay the same as it is just now, and that ain't happening if I go for a Supe now :D

Also, insurance will be better by then too, and I'll have more money to be able to do as I wish to to the car too :)

Look forward to seeing people at meets! Even if I do appear in a P.O.S. Golf for now lol ;)