The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Better to buy damaged supra if... ??

Ferio

If you are cutting back the pennies before you even start then you simply cannot afford it. Most of the cars that are normal cost a bit to maintain, like said by Gaz1 earlier a lack of effort in the exterior department reflects hugely the amount of effort put into the internal parts. Bearing in mind that most supra's are now over 10 years old a lack of effort in the internals is going to show itself in very expensive ways.

You need to spend money to save money in this arena and buying the best you can afford is the best route. You'll have a rare car here in Holland if you have even a bone stock NA mk4 supra never mind a widebody (don't think there is a widebody here yet, certainly haven't seen it and Arnout never mentioned one). I'm also guessing you will be trying to get over 10 year old supra to avoid as much BPM as possible as well so internal condition is very very important.

Maintaining a supra isn't that hard for me, i have the money easy due my jobs, plus i've done enough research to see if the car could fit within my buget.

I was wondering if it would smart to buy a mint car and then change the entire exterior and color when it arrives in my country or buy a bit damaged supra (bumpers, paint etc) and pay a bit less for it and then change, repair and paint.

This is'n meant because it costs too much, cash isn't the problem. :)

First i was thinking about getting a wide body but i've no experience at all with this and the costs for the top secret body is 8500 dollar i thought which is no problem.

About the BPM, well yeah that sucks here in holland but i can live with it. I prefer pay more BPM for a good supra :)

Buying these body kits is the easy and cheap bit, it's the fitting and fettling and painting that costs the money. You will discover all the bits that Toyota felt were best sealed to, hung under and generally attached to various items like bumpers, are jettisoned in a very cavalier fashion by these kit producers, and you fall back to tie wraps, bits of Dexion racking, string, body filler blobs, and other bodges to try and make it all hand together. You pretend the big box of stuff that just CAN'T go back isn't there, and is of no importance, despite Toyota spending millions refining the aerodynamics, pressure ratios and other wastes of their time :)

i started of trying to to a widebody kit on the cheap but it never pays off, got it all sorted now but including the single turbo conversion and full engine rebuild i have spent in excessive of over £20,000 on it.:taped:

the black gt300 i sold last year my be getting traded at my place its going to cost you but your 90% there and its done properly