The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do you undertake?

hogmaw

Do you undertake?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do you undertake?

• I rule the road and undertaking means nothing to me!
    • Yes, whenever I feel the need to
    • Occasionaly yes and I feel guilty to have done it
    • Never, it's just wrong!

Unfortunately i do. Not all the time but often on quiet motorways.

Why should i have to move across 3 lanes and back just cos some lazy arse decides he wants to just sit there?

The ones that sit in the outside lane do my head in as well, often more as they are aware of doing it and will move across if they see you are about to undertake. Often they will then move back in your path when you then move to overtake which really annoys me.

The lack of indicating is another thing which seems to annoy me alot at the minute. I have done a fair bit of driving this xmas and cant beleive how many people have pulled out without indicating. I had to literally slam the brakes on twice. Even the other half gave them abuse lol.

'My mate' overtakes in the fast lane then indicates to middle lane and slows right down forcing the middle lane hogger to overtake. Then as they into the fast lane, 'my mate' floors it and leaves them in the fast lane overtaking nothing. Brightens up the day. LOL!

'My mate' overtakes in the fast lane then indicates to middle lane and slows right down forcing the middle lane hogger to overtake. Then as they into the fast lane, 'my mate' floors it and leaves them in the fast lane overtaking nothing. Brightens up the day. LOL!

MMM i just want away from them.

However, and I'm not 100% sure on this but I was told by a british trained advanced driver, that it wouldn't be classed as an undertake if you were already in the lane and moving at a suitable speed. If the person in the next lane is doing 40, and you are doing 50, then it isn't classed as an undertake but rather just passing. If you swap lanes and then pass, well that is a undertake.

:yeahthat:

If I'm driving along in the inside lane I'm not going to move right across to the outside lane to overtake, but I wouldn't move into the inside lane to go around them.

I just saw him get his ass kicked by some pretty boy - he doesn't seem as "undertakery" as he was when I last saw him (WWF days!).

I remember him just starting out in WWF with Paul Bearer, before Kane was even in the picture. About 14-15 years ago now?