The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Installing Toyota EPC

simbasupra

Don't know if anyone can help me but i'm having a bit of difficulty adding the EPC catalogs. I have installed the EPC program but don't know where to go from there. I have a folder full of ISO files for the European, USA, General and Japanese Catalogs but don't know how to burn them all to disc and install them in the EPC. See below photos for what i have got.

Cool - that saves burning loads of discs then :D

On your C drive, the installer should have created a folder called TMCMSTW2.

For each iso...

1. open it in PowerISO

2. note the last two characters of the volume label (for Jap A1 these will be J1)

3. create a folder in TMCMSTW2, those two characters are what to call it

4. copy all the files in the iso to the folder you just created

(If your car's a J-spec, you only really need the Jap data loaded).

Then you go into the EPC...

It's ages since I did this, I can't remember if doing it this way you have to do anything in the 'CD Setup' section - you may need to use the appropriate 'Add' button to get it to see the data files.

Then go into 'Initial Setup' and select 'Japanese' under 'Current CD Area Selection'.

And then it should work...........

Thanks Hermit but still no luck:(

Carried out steps 1-4 ok. (see photo)

Next i went into the EPC / CD Setup / CD Setup

Clicked Japanese area version

Clicked Add

Highlighted All the Japanese Catalogs

Clicked OK

Clicked F10:Exec

Where i got the screen below:

If i press retry nothing happens if i press cancel i get:

Ok what folders do you have installed at the moment ?

In initial set up is the drive with the EPC specified ?

I made a seperate partition for the EPC for ease of use.

you should have:

TMCEPCW2

TMCMSTW2 large folder with j1, j2 e1 e2 etc (j1 contains the supra info)

TMCTMPW2

When you go in to TMCMSTW2 do you have the j1,j2 files etc in there ? do they have any info in them.

When i installed the system i manually copied the files in to that folder (J1 and E1, over 500 meg each !) then when i went to the cd setup i had the following (see attached)

Ok what folders do you have installed at the moment ?

In initial set up is the drive with the EPC specified ?

I made a seperate partition for the EPC for ease of use.

you should have:

TMCEPCW2

TMCMSTW2 large folder with j1, j2 e1 e2 etc (j1 contains the supra info)

TMCTMPW2

When you go in to TMCMSTW2 do you have the j1,j2 files etc in there ? do they have any info in them.

When i installed the system i manually copied the files in to that folder (J1 and E1, over 500 meg each !) then when i went to the cd setup i had the following (see attached)

Yes I have the three folders TMCEPCW2, TMCMSTW2,TMCTMPW2 and yes my J1, J2 etc are in TMCMSTW2. I think the initial setup could be the problem like hermit said. when i click on intial setup i get this screen. note i cannot change the current cd area version.

Yes I have the three folders TMCEPCW2, TMCMSTW2,TMCTMPW2 and yes my J1, J2 etc are in TMCMSTW2. I think the initial setup could be the problem like hermit said. when i click on intial setup i get this screen. note i cannot change the current cd area version.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj245/QuineyS/InitialSetup.jpg

your getting that ebcause you don't have the right info installed via the cd setup !

Hence there are no options to select ;)

When you install the software you need to go to CD setup first to get the data installed in the relevant area versions (japanese and european etc) once that is installed properly (like in my picture)you then got to intial setup to change between the different versions - japan and europe.

Now this is your problem the data is not being found by the program so you have no options for which version to use, what size is the data in the j1 j2 etc ?

General 1 = 492mb

General 2 = 592mb

General 3 = 601mb

General 4 = 361mb

European 1 = 595mb

European 2 = 595mb

European 3 = 581mb

European 4 = 245mb

Japanese 1 = 506mb

Japanese 2 = 622mb

Japanese 3 = 590mb

Japanese 4 = 556mb

Japanese 5 = 459mb

USA 1 = 532mb

USA 2 = 281mb

Are all the folders still there?

I think using the 'Add' button has messed it up. My bad, I should've said that if you see a list there with items like 'A1 HARD DISK 2000/01/01' then you wouldn't need to add.

If there's anything still in that list, use Del to remove them. Then copy the data again (same as before) but don't do 'Add' just go straight into initial setup.

Are all the folders still there?

I think using the 'Add' button has messed it up. My bad, I should've said that if you see a list there with items like 'A1 HARD DISK 2000/01/01' then you wouldn't need to add.

If there's anything still in that list, use Del to remove them. Then copy the data again (same as before) but don't do 'Add' just go straight into initial setup.

Hi, no there wasn't a list there in the first place.

Hi, no there wasn't a list there in the first place.

That sounds like the copying wasn't right, but it looks like you did it all right. I'm puzzled about that.

I just tried 'Add' on my installation, and cancelled it. It deleted the data files from J1 etc. I then copied the J1 etc folders back into C:\TMCMSTW2, and they showed up in the list on CD Setup. On Initial Setup the selection at the top is all greyed, but Japanese is selected and the EPC works (I don't think that's right though).

I'm going to grab the torrent and see what's what.

Another way to do it would be to use PowerISO to mount an ISO as a drive, use the Add button, unmount the drive, and repeat for each ISO. I don't know how you do that with PowerISO, but you're looking for something like 'mount image as a virtual drive'.

It hasn't finished downloading for me yet - but the Jap A1A2 bit has, so I had a peek inside - it looks ok... :search:

I've had two versions of the EPC before this one - first one was on CDs so I used 'Add', second one was basically a copy of an installed EPC, so it was just a case of copying a whole DVD onto drive C and doing the selection under initial setup.

Maybe it's time to burn some CDs and try it that way - Simba, what do you normally use to burn CDs?

that torrent you are currently downloading gives you a guide with videos and everything but even following those i have still had no luck. I tried burning a cd with poweriso however even though it said it had burnt when you explore the disc nothing was on it:blink:

I then tried burning a cd with nero burning rom but it comes up with a unknown burnphase error.:(

i have tried copying a pasting them direct into the folder with no luck.

and have tried applying them through the use of a virtual drive.