The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help Installing HKS EVC 5

madmunky

Trying to work out how this HKS works but cause the supra is twin turbo i cant work it out (thanks james though for trying to help)

In the picture below it shows how it should be connected but in the install instruction it doesnt give the option for a twin turbo, has anyone connected one of these before can they only controll the one turbo or are you ment to T'off the connections to the actuators and have it connected to both on the supra.

hks.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said earlier Chris, that piping under your bonnet is a real mess, not sure why who ever did the work did it like that to run a TTC. All the metal vacuum pipes on top of the turbos have been removed and there is so many blocked off pipes its untrue.

My recommendation as you know would be too rip out all thats there and put the car back to stock, then fit the Boost Controller, and then if you wanted do a TTC either electrically or by changing the pipes around like I have mine.

My recommendation as you know would be too rip out all thats there and put the car back to stock, then fit the Boost Controller, and then if you wanted do a TTC either electrically or by changing the pipes around like I have mine.

i second that mate

• 4 weeks later...

It plumbs into the only true waste gate actuator on the front turbo, it will have two vac tubes into it, cut the one that goes to the VSV and block both sides of it, now cut the other that goes between the turbo housing and the actuator, the turbo housing side goes to the port on your boost solenoid marked IN and the actuator goes to the port marked OUT.

Its the same whether your running in TTC or sequential.

When this is working right should it control both turbos or only when boost when the second one comes online?

It controls both but as you will only be making .9 to 1.0 BAR on the first turbo, i doubt you will have the boost controller set to lower than that;), also your RR will be limiting boost.

Can you check see if this is right i think it is but im getting around 0.8bar on the first turbo then around 1.5bar on the second :( and thats with the boost turned completly down.

If it is in correctly any ideas why the boost is so high?

Boost1.jpg

Boost2.jpg

DSCF0073.JPG

Dude if I'm looking at that right you've blanked off the pressure reference from the turbo and connected the boost controller to the vent side of the wastegate actuator!

Which means it'll never open and you'll get runaway boost :bang:

-Ian

Yes not good! as i said before you need to cut and block off both ends of lower pipe on the actuator if the other pipe goes to the out of the boost solenoid, that is OK if not change it!

Then you need to look around the side of the actuator at the turbo casing and you should see a pipe, this needs connecting directly to the in side of the boost solenoid.

Yeah, the boost controller pressure feed comes from 13 and it's output goes to the actuator input that 13 was connected to. The actuator output gets blocked off, as does the pipe that goes into the VSV. That should be about it.

If the boost controller solenoid wants to recirculate the pressure in the actuator instead of venting it to atmo, connect that output up to the hose that goes from the top metal pipe area to the stock VSV.

-Ian