The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help Installing HKS EVC 5

madmunky

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, try this. Until you get rid of the flashing light your boost will be out of control, it was on mine ;)

Turn the ingition ON but dont start the car

If the controller turns on during the ignition then power it off with the PWR button on the display.

Then put the switch back to SW mode (internal gate)

PWR it on

PWR it off then put the swtich to PO mode (external gate)

Then PWR it on

This should get rid of the flashing red power button

Finally cracked it!!! :D

Even though my switch said SW on the back, on the screen it still said --P--; I tried advice given to me on supra forums about changing the boost controller over to SW (internal wastegate) mode and despite the switch on the back being set to sw (which I believed meant, the boost controller wouldn't go into --S-- mode. I kept trying with the following:

So try this....Turn ignition off and make sure the SW-PO switch is in PO position.

Then turn ignition on and switch the EVC OFF--now flip the svitch over to SW position and then turn the EVC back on and leave ignition on 4 min 10sec. Also when turning back on see if the display shows --SW-- lefthand corner.

If this is ok,start out with the "a"button at zero and go 4 a quick pull to see what your max boost is, if boost is to high (say your base boost is 0,8BAR) offset should be increased, and if boost is to low first try to just increase the a button

50% should increase boost from say 1bar to 1.5bar

Adjust at max 20% each time.

I had no way of controling my boost properly before i read the EVC manual twice:) I also was thinking that the red flashing light was ok hehe and that my switching of the SW-PO switch was correct..When i did "above" i all of a sudden had the perfect boost controller:)

I carried out the above advice a few times and everytime in the top left hand corner I saw --P-- even with the switch on SW at the back, but I kept trying and FINALLY it said --S-- and it now appears to be working!!

I have left Mod A at 0% which equates to 0.9-0.95 bar (basically stock)

I have set Mod A to 42% with equates to 17.4psi (I will fine tune this so I can get it set to 18psi)

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL THE HELP, especially Tricky-Ricky for the patience! :D

• 3 weeks later...