The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OEM Footwell Lighting Mounting Locations?

AristoA

I have had the MKIV OEM footwell lighting harness for years, but have never installed it. I do know that it plugs into the illuminated ignition key ring, but I am unsure as to where the two lights actually mount. Can someone who has a JDM car with this option look to see where this lighting was originally mounted to (using adhesive) under the dash? Many thanks.

Was yours a JDM import that had these already installed, or did you add them yourself? I would very much like to see a cell phone picture of the light locations from a car that came with these from Toyota (I know this might be asking a lot). Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Bumping this up as I still have been unable to find a picture of the mounting locations for these. Ric seem correct in that, at least on the driver's side, the only flat area to mount these is on the plastic ventilation duct. Also, does anyone know what adhesive is used to mount these? Is it simply double-sided tape?

Big thanks, Frank. Good advice to people on the manner of insertion of a (74, t5 286) LED bulb. During the process of installing the bulbs, which I was doing incorrectly turned at 90 degrees, I foolishly jumped the fuse and burned out my integration relay, which is a bit of a pain to replace. Another tip in going with LED bulbs is to get ones that have the wire-like contacts, rather than those with the contacts on the PCB, as the latter ones I tried were too thick insert into the loom plugs.

Edited by AristoA (see edit history)