The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Veilside Teardrop Ti Titanium Exhaust

28SKY

Taken from Sheefas post.

Basically this may be too restrictive for my power goals circa 850fwhp. I seriously don't want to sell it. It's a used Veilside Ti Teardrop exhaust which is ultra rare now. Full titanium and weighs about 9-10lbs so 6kg.

Lee at SRD has inspected and its in good overall condition. There is a bit of a flat spot and a small ding on top but otherwise great.

This is a mental sounding exhaust. I'll get some videos up if I can but basically it sounds as though the Devil is having a meltdown. It's insane. This really is the daddy of exhausts, titanium all the way through and no longer made so very hard to find nowadays. These were about £900 new.

No chance of using it on track days though. About 90db at idle, God knows how much on WOT.

It's a 3.5" exhaust (90mm) but does goes down to 3" at one small section. I know another member called Prosty who had a custom v-band 3.5" flange made to replace this but don't think it was cheap! Either way it's good for big power still without being too restrictive. This exhaust has been running in excess of 560fwhp without issue and am sure it can happily run a lot more.

Ground clearance is brilliant, I would definitely say one of the best around in comparison to Boostlogic and Nur Spec, it hugs the underside very nearly.

£650 collected image

Just to clarify it was two years ago I saw this exhaust when Greg's car was having the work done and before it was modded.

They are awesome exhausts though and very light weight.

Yes good point Lee. Still in good condition when last inspected. Total weight is something ridiculous like 8lbs!
I have a one question Sheefa: Is this exhaust now about ~2" longer than what it was with the original 2-bolt flange? Does it require to modify/shorten the lenght of the downpipe/midpipe now?
Hi, the pictures are deceptive. They removed the restriction and put a new identical length piece in its place. They effectively overlapped a thin titanium sheet to the existing titanium too so it probably appears longer. You shouldn't have to shortern the midpipe but you probably will have to adapt the flange, either angle or thickness. There is a spare bag of bits that go with this, old flange and restrictive piece, etc.image

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.