The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost @ idle engine cut out and wouldn't start again?

ballsdeep

Had an interesting afternoon today with my first brake down in the supra in 5years.

First off when I started the car the boost controller solenoid clicks as it would normally to tell me its working fine, when I pulled off the solenoid clicked again.. though that was strange? I carried on driving but every time I pressed the accelerator it would click click click! :blink::blink:

Then I noticed the controller was reading 0 at idle, even though it was driving fine I immediately pulled over to see if any vac pipes had come off. Lifted the Bonnet and the usual amount of heat considering the weather and a smell of fuel hit me then engine cuts out??

After having a quick check of the wg and solenoid vac hoses I tried to start the car again but it wouldn't fire? Just cranked over a few times, then the battery died on me, I already know I have an issue with the starter motor so intend to overhaul that this weekend. Any way after a good half hour trying to jump start it finally fired into life but still shows 0 at idle and now idles very low but I did reset the ecu if that makes any difference?

So chaps where do I begin? Gauge used to read -20 and has never cut out on me!

Edited by ballsdeep (see edit history)

Cheers pal I found something quite worrying last night while overhauling my starter motor. my fuel damper bypass pipe was wet so I nipped it up then started the car, it started hunting so I checked the pipe again while it was running to find half way down the pipe it was spraying fuel out! :blink::blink:

As for the boost @ idle it turns out its most probably my solenoid having a wobbler?? Put another gauge on T'd into the same vac hose and it's reading the normal -20