The mkiv Supra Owners Club

J-Spec Engine Harness Connector Details

Andy Blyth

I've spent the weekend taking apart my engine wiring loom to find out the connector part numbers and also to find out those connections not shown on the wiring diagrams. For now, here are the part numbers I have found. Where more than one terminal part number is given, the connector has multiple terminal types in the same housing. Unless otherwise stated, each of the terminals include 160mm of cable

ConnectorPNs.png

Edited by Andy Blyth
Replacing table with image (see edit history)

Wow Andy, you have been busy since I saw you, what a great gift to share this with the forum, I can only imagine the time and effort to go through all that lot. You obviously like a challenge, an old Skyline loom is in the post to you with an illustrated Nissan connector list of about 3000 connectors, I could do with the part numbers and all pin outs by Wednesday ;)

Seriously though, great work!!!!

Wow Andy, you have been busy since I saw you, what a great gift to share this with the forum, I can only imagine the time and effort to go through all that lot. You obviously like a challenge, an old Skyline loom is in the post to you with an illustrated Nissan connector list of about 3000 connectors, I could do with the part numbers and all pin outs by Wednesday ;)

Seriously though, great work!!!!

:D

It wasn't too hard a job in the end but took several days overall. Most of that time must have been spent feeding the cabin connectors back through the bulkhead. I hate that job!

The most surprising thing to me was the weight of the entire harness. Just a guess but I reckon there must be around 5kg of wires and protection there. There could be an easy kg or two of weight savings to be made by removing all the unnecessary connections and using lightweight protection.

You should indeed be able to compact and simplify things, modern car looms are just plain excessive IMHO :) I am battling an air bag warning light on a 2004 Audi A4 Cabriolet at the moment. For what couldn't really be called a state of the art car it has a ludicrous amount of electric junk in it. Just a nightmare to work on. My Bosch KTS won't talk to the air bag stuff for some reason, I am having to drive it over to a pal who has the VAGCOM stuff. If it was mine I take the bulb out and offset risk of personal damage against financial and mental stress damage :)

I have sent you an e-mail with a data log to look at you might find interesting. Cheers Andy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I did some probing with an oscilloscope tonight to find out where the traction ECU gets its wheel speed signals from. I've updated post #6 with my findings. For reference, the 4 wheel speed signals are open-collector outputs, therefore need a pullup resistor to give a signal.

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone please make a photo of the lower and upper fusebox connectors for VVTi TT? One on the front and one on the back of the plugs. As they are slightly different. Upper is 8pin I think. And the lower might have some different pins. Some @ss cut the harness right there and there are lots more wires than the nonVVTi ones... So please help me! I will try to make it on a table as above after...

Wow just found this and its a mint peice of info this, only thing is my car loom that the orange plug fits into hasent got the PIN 4 - PIN 14 wires (light green red - light green black) for the powersteering ????

Interesting. Is your car UK / J-Spec? TT or NA?

Do the other wires in the orange connector generally match up? Can you see if the other footwell connectors have a lt green-red and a lt green-black wire?

Edit: Maybe Toyota moved these connections into a body harness. Have a look down where the steering column meets the steering rack for the 2 pin connector and trace it back to a harness. IIRC on the TT, the power steering solenoid wiring joined the engine harness at the same point as the alternator / lambda sensor / crank sensor / wastegate VSV etc.

Edited by Andy Blyth (see edit history)