The mkiv Supra Owners Club

LED Flasher relay

Jellybean

The question was What LED Flasher relay do I use to replace the current one in order to add resistance

Yes, and the more common way of doing it, is to put the correct resistance in-line near the LEDs....

However, using google like such http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=led+flasher+relay&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=0s&oq=LED+flash+relay MAY provide you with an answer....

The question was What LED Flasher relay do I use to replace the current one in order to add resistance

I understood that, but it sounded an unecessary faff, because...

...the more common way of doing it, is to put the correct resistance in-line near the LEDs....

Yup.... :D

See ;)

Yes, and the more common way of doing it, is to put the correct resistance in-line near the LEDs....

However, using google like such http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=led+flasher+relay&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=0s&oq=LED+flash+relay MAY provide you with an answer....

Once again the Question is What LED Flasher relay do I use

As you can see Gav Google returns many types of relays , so no it doesnt provide me with the answer

I'd just get the relay, resistors will do the same job but they are dissipating all that power as heat which means you need big wire wound load resistors(the one's in the alloy case), these are nearly as expensive as the relay.

Plus the relay is just plug and play no soldering and messing with wires

So does anybody know what one to get?

as far as I know there is only one type, the relay pin outs are fairly universal but if you take out your current one and see if it has a three or a four pin out ( Forth is for the hazzard flasher)

This might do if the car is a 3 pin configuration

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/3-Pin-Electronic-Flasher-Relay-Unit-For-LED-Indicators_W0QQitemZ110412070518QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19b5127e76&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14&_trkparms=%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A30