The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crap paint job

Chris and Alana

I posted in the past that I had the worst paint job done on my front bumper from Vine Place (millions of overspray, filler not smoothed everywhere etc etc.) but after I spend ages sorting it out myself I noticed today that the paint on the bumper has started to go all pimperly, wot should I do? it looks crap. Is there any reason why after 3months or so it would start to do this? Any help would be most appreciated.

Who are GVN? I live in newcastle so would be looking for somewhere not to far away.

I know it was a shit paint job but does anyone know why it would all of a sudden go pimperly, its been fine for 3 months then all of a sudden BOOM, like magic its gone all funny

Try giving Gaz at Envy a shout as I am sure he will know someone local to you. ;)

Thanks, Do you guys think its worth trying to get them to spray it again? I would try and argue with them if I have to but I dont want to end up with the same crap results and having to clean overspray off for 3 days again. Plus I have warrenty with them until july so I dont want to put that in the shitter if you like just incase something major goes wrong with my soop.

I think if I had to pay to have it done again I will change the front bumper for a bit of a change. Is there any dealers out there that can supply, paint and fit a front bumper in the Newcastle area? (Il have a look at Envy's site as someone mentioned them earlier) Thanks for the info guys.

Thanks, Do you guys think its worth trying to get them to spray it again? I would try and argue with them if I have to but I dont want to end up with the same crap results and having to clean overspray off for 3 days again. Plus I have warrenty with them until july so I dont want to put that in the shitter if you like just incase something major goes wrong with my soop.

I think if I had to pay to have it done again I will change the front bumper for a bit of a change. Is there any dealers out there that can supply, paint and fit a front bumper in the Newcastle area? (Il have a look at Envy's site as someone mentioned them earlier) Thanks for the info guys.

You are the customer, they should be worrying about upseting you. But in real life that doesn't happen because we are too nice and don't bang desks and make a fuss. Give them hell and tell them you want a proper job doing.

You are the customer, they should be worrying about upseting you. But in real life that doesn't happen because we are too nice and don't bang desks and make a fuss. Give them hell and tell them you want a proper job doing.

Yeah I know but Im a nice guy and dont like confrontation (il probably give up to easily) but I guess your right, I may go back on thursday when Im off and see what they will do about it.

I believe that is caused by moisture under the paint, the only way to sort it is to strip it back to the bare bumper and respray it

hes right u kno, had this with mine, does it look like little bubbles under the surface?

if so, its moisture that has been pulled out of the plastic then trapped under paint,

it needs sandin, heatin (to remove moisture) then repainting.

cant reccomend kev n gaz at envy enough if u r getting it done again, top lads and will go out of their way to make sure its A1.

BUT

id go back to the people that did it first, they should take 1 look, then hold their hands up, apologise, and sort it for you gratis.

mine did.

well I took it back today :D and spoke to the guy that I bought the car off, who is also the same guy that got my bumper done. I said to him that the bumper I got sprayed about 2months ago has started to go all pimperly, and guess what..... he didnt even want to look at it, he just said it sounds like micro bubbles under the paint and he will get in tough with the body shop on monday and Im to ring him on tuesday. My guess is that he kind of knew I may be back as he didnt even bat an eyelid. So hopefully I will get this sorted out but will have to wait until tuesday to know for sure.

I believe that is caused by moisture under the paint, the only way to sort it is to strip it back to the bare bumper and respray it

Yep thats the reason, moisture in the primer and basicly its start again by flatting all the paint and primer off.

well I took it back today :D and spoke to the guy that I bought the car off, who is also the same guy that got my bumper done. I said to him that the bumper I got sprayed about 2months ago has started to go all pimperly, and guess what..... he didnt even want to look at it, he just said it sounds like micro bubbles under the paint and he will get in tough with the body shop on monday and Im to ring him on tuesday. My guess is that he kind of knew I may be back as he didnt even bat an eyelid. So hopefully I will get this sorted out but will have to wait until tuesday to know for sure.

cool, well hopefully it will all get sorted mate

I use Jurgen's guy called Simon - also does Envy work - he's done 2 do-lucks for me now and he's pretty experienced and good at the job.

He's based in Bebside - just outside Blyth - and reasonable if you wave notes at him.

drom me a pm and I'll get you his number if you get stuck.

I need to get my car undersealed - been told vine place were good at it - not sure if I trust them to do this now!

I use Jurgen's guy called Simon - also does Envy work - he's done 2 do-lucks for me now and he's pretty experienced and good at the job.

He's based in Bebside - just outside Blyth - and reasonable if you wave notes at him.

drom me a pm and I'll get you his number if you get stuck.

I need to get my car undersealed - been told vine place were good at it - not sure if I trust them to do this now!

The guy that ownes the business called Paul is a really decent guy and his cars are spot on, I havnt got one complaint about the car and they undersealed it when I bought it in july. I have had a look under the car and I must admit they did do a good job of undersealing but given the situation im in I dont know if I could recommend them. I would definatly buy a car from them again but as for trusting them to do a quality job on bodywork or mechanical work I just dont know. Il see what happens tomorrow when I ring them. You never know it might of been the apprentice that sprayed my bumper and they didnt have time to put it right (but even so they should of told me they fooked up and just redone it) anyway il see what happens and post up to let you know. As for the guy called simon you recommended if this all goes balls up Il give him a call.

How much did he charge to do your bumpers?