The mkiv Supra Owners Club

300bhp S14a to a Supra

Guest ChrisK

Hi guys,

I'm considering swapping my 200sx S14a to a TT Supra Manual.

Do you think it would be worth it? Most people seem to say just keep the S14a...?

My 200sx in on a V reg (99) and it's done 60k (low) miles and is running 300bhp.

I paid £8k for it less than 2 months ago and it's a real minter. I've just had the bumper resprayed and the bodywork is in real good condition. I spent £1.5k on the car in the last 800 miles as I put in an uprated clutch, flywheel, brakes to cope with the power.

Here are some pics...

Anyone on here looking to do a deal on this little drifter ?

FSH, oil changed every 3-4k miles with a new oil filter. Only use fully synthetic 5w 40 (motul or silkolene). Clutch and flywheel have only been in for 800 miles and are running perfectly. Had gearbox oil change when they went in to some good stuff and the brake fluid changed to the dot 5.1 stuff.

Here are the mods...

SR20DET - Custom full stainless exhaust system & de-cat, APEX type 2 fmic, NISMO-555 injectors, blitz air filter, boost gauge, GREDDY pro fec b II boost controller, HD STG2 CHIP, DENZO plugs, walbro fuel pump, fidanza lightened alloy flywheel, act extreme organic clutch, kyb shocks, eibach springs, 4 new eagle f1's, brembo grooved discs, ferodo ds2500 pads and goodridge braided brake lines.

I also have the std spoiler, std wing mounted intercooler and std airbox included with the car.

The old wheels were 19's and they seemed too big. I'm now running it on the standard 16" wheels and it handles superbly especially on the eagle f1's.

I've never taken it on track.

I'm looking for around the £8k mark as it's a minter with low mileage for a S14a. Would you say a nice TT manual supra can be bought for £8k and is anyone interested in a swap?

Cheers,

Chris

hi, i own both cars and you can not compare the two cars my 14a is around 380 bhp and the supra is around 320, the s14a is a bit of a toy i love the handeling and the feel of the car, but the supra is a pure beast and more of a gt car and i dont really feel that confident for some reason, but i love them both but the supra engineering is second to none, and i dont think anyone will swap one for a 14a as much as i love em, besides a nice six speed manual will be over 10k and you can pick 14as up for 4k all day,sorry mate i know its not what you want to hear.

TBH you will be lucky to get that sort of price for it, i sold my 350 BHP s14 for less and had spent well over 10K on it:(

as for comparison, my s14 was quicker than my supra to start with but now its BPU + i'm not sure, i know of several 160 mph S14s but the supra has long gearing and bags of torque so will get there a lot quicker;) i much prefer the handling of the Supra more sure footed and much less twitchy on the edge, unlike the s14, having said that i still miss my S14:)