The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New 330 TT

uezzell

my mate has just taken me out in a brand new BMW 330 twin turbo petrol fuck me that thing is quick. looks the part to he wasnt aloud to give it large because it was new. it went from 40 to 140 in abut a quarter mile and still had 2500 revs left. im just waiting for the M3 that sould be stupidly quick.

Guest dee_rz

yep it's impressive i was thinking of going more sensible and getting one of these, damn good price at £33000 brand new from bmw and thats a bargin for me in this day and age for a car like that, it's the 330 i se 3litre tt read about it first in autocar and they sounded impressed by it and it's a damn site cheaper than a m3 only think is i'm not massivly taken by the looks yet.

I think it looked nice with the carbon lip spoiler on the back and twin pipe really sets it off. id love to have somthing like that.

I also went out in my uncles TVR sagarus (dont know how you spell it) last week that was really nice too its like a rocket when your sat in it with leather all around you and the noise

Guest dee_rz

both the z4 m and 330 tt are quick but not quite as auick as a stock tt supra the z4 m is 0-60 in 5.1 and 0-100 slightly slower than a stock tt supra and the 330 is similar but quick non the less and nothing to stop you messing around with the turbos and boost settings etc and and it's turbo it has potential only problem is it not likly to have a supras potential and not only that little is known about the block and how much it will take, i'd say a car more to be enjoyed how it is, surpose to handle sublime as per with bmw 50:50 weight disrubution and all that :cool: very nice cars :)

I dont know the Z4 M is quick and it would all dippends on the driver and were they are racing. dont get me wrong i love the supra and if you look at the price difference id much rather the supra anyway. Thats not to say i would turn down a Z4 M.

I've driven the Z4M which is very fast indeed though not driven the 335i yet, but the guys I work with who have have been seriously impressed - max torque of 295lb ft from 1500-5000rpm! As for the looks, an aero kit is already available which looks very nice and the M Sport is sure to look more aggressive.

how would a 350Z pair up to a supra N/A or TT? dont really know the stats on a 350Z

Not sure about an NA but my Aristo TT pulled on a 350Z and I've got a couple of 100kg more than the Supe so the TT will definitely spank it!

According to Carfolio:

350Z:

Kerb weight 1525 kg 3362 lb

Max. output 279.8 PS (276.0 bhp) (205.8 kW) @6200 rpm

Max. torque 363.0 Nm (268 lbft) (37 kgm) @4800 rpm

Supra MKIV TT:

Kerb weight 1510 kg 3329 lb

Max. output(JIS) 283.9 PS (280.0 bhp) (208.8 kW) @5600 rpm

Max. torque(JIS) 451.0 Nm (333 lbft) (46 kgm) @3600 rpm

Supra MKIV NA:

Kerb weight 1430 kg 3153 lb

Max. output (JIS) 228.1 PS (225.0 bhp) (167.8 kW) @6000 rpm

Max. torque (JIS) 284.0 Nm (209 lbft) (29 kgm) @4800 rpm

Judging by those figures the 350Z would be quicker than the NA but slower than the TT, hope that helps :)