The mkiv Supra Owners Club

got one

TRD-Rob

ok guys got my very first supra it black k reg and i payed 4100 for it on ebay i do not want the be ripped of so i would just like to know when i go and pick it up next week what to look out for i have brought some sh*T in my time and like i said do not want to get ripped off.will get some picture on when i get it home.:D :

I thought you said that you paid for it already......isnt it a bit too late to change your mind now?

Check out the FAQ section, loads of info on what to look out for.

Also, post the specs of the car so that we know what it is, pics, etc.....

Even better to take someone with you who knows about supras for a 2nd opinion.

theres a lot you need to check through have a look around the body check theres no evidence of any damage, bubbling paint etc, try and start the engine from cold and pop the bonnet listen for any unusual sounds, check the tyre treads, lift the boot carpet up and look for any moisture around where the spare wheel is as that could be evidence of damage, do a HPI check as its only around £30 better than losing out on 1000's if something IS wrong. check the service history (if any) and past mots to see if mileage is consistent.. when you take it for a test drive drive under different conditions i.e. up hill downhill, check gear changes are smooth (if auto try in manu) and drive fast and watch for any vibrations, drive around 10-15 mph let go of the wheel briefly and see if its pulling to one side (could mean trackings messed or something worse)

theres a lot more im sure others will put up, just thats all i can remember right now :thumbs:

better punctuated too with the correct grammar

Mike - sort him out will ya :sos:

:D

ahhhhh i dont care punctuation police. if you want punctuation and capital letters or full stops... read a book :tongue:

ahhhhh i dont care punctuation police. if you want punctuation and capital letters or full stops... read a book :tongue:

Nah - I prefer to read the posts on this forum as they interest me. I choose to NOT read poorly written ones. Each to their own.

No offence intended.

BTW: In your footnote there is so much info, so much so that the very last line isnt even readable (the letters arent completely visible), what does it say....?

Nah - I prefer to read the posts on this forum as they interest me. I choose to NOT read poorly written ones. Each to their own.

No offence intended.

BTW: In your footnote there is so much info, so much so that the very last line isnt even readable (the letters arent completely visible), what does it say....?

no offence taken, i dont really give a s#it if people choose not to read my posts, but its not exactly a conservative site where iv got to worry about getting the capital letters and full stops all right or else ill be picked on right? its all old news now its all been discussed. and again no offence intended either.

i can see it on mine not sure how come it wont show on yours but it says:

About Me: I write award winning operas, occasionally I tread water for three days in a row. I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing. I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed.

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks,making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for cuban refugees. Using only a hoe and a large jug of water, I once single handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. When im bored, I build large suspension bridges in my garden. On Wednesdays after Uni, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

Im a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. Many years ago, I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down.

I am the subject of numerous documentaries. I am MK47.

I am the subject of numerous documentaries. I am MK47.

Sry to the original poster for going off-topic

MK47 - this is the line that I cant see...."I am the subject of numerous documentaries. I am MK47."

Must be another firefox thing.... :rolleyes: