The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New to supras

Guest leelee

Guest leelee

Hi, I am new to supras, but would you guys be able to help me with them, i can only insure a non import Twin turbo supra, but the majority of supras i have seen are from importers. Does UK spec mean it is a non import or has passed all the uk tests?

I am looking for a manual one but i can really only find autos, are manuals easy to get hold of?

Cheers

Lee

Nope Crimbo has one in Silver for sale 78k miles for £11k

if I was in the market for one I'd buy it. It has black leather as well

Was that the one at JAE, it was in great nick by the looks of it. I want my old man to buy it :)

Crimbos car is a golden opportunity for anyone wanting a great condition UK6 speed... and at a damn good price.

Hi, I am new to supras, but would you guys be able to help me with them, i can only insure a non import Twin turbo supra, but the majority of supras i have seen are from importers. Does UK spec mean it is a non import or has passed all the uk tests?

I am looking for a manual one but i can really only find autos, are manuals easy to get hold of?

Cheers

Lee

Bloody insurance Companies make you laugh...

The UK is more powerful and with proper brakes admittedly but why not insure you in the import?? that supposedly is less powerful

Majority of Supras in the UK ARE ALL IMPORTS..

If i'm right in what i'm saying here the NA was never UK ? and only a handful of UK TT's were sold here and only for about 2 years?? due to price ( same as RX7)

So when you insurea NA why do they ask is it a import?? of course it is they all bloody are ...

But insurance co's i've noticed over the years are really dropping premiums on import cars in general now they realise parts are no more difficult to get than for your boring Ford ( in most cases they arrive quicker)

RANT OVER :)

True.. I think a lot of time they simply use it as an excuse to up your premium because its an import.

Not all companies are anal towards them though. There are plenty of members on here paying decent rates on JDM cars.

yeah very true

My NA £297.00 Fully comp protected with elephant

best bit was when i had a FTO , TO insure a TT is only £10.00 more work that out and with the NA i got a £150.00 refund

Same with Main dealers, Its only Subaru who are being dickheads in not wanting to sell parts if you own a import

Mitsubishi 25% of their UK parts holding is for imports

Toyota Best selling MPV in UK is the Lucida ( and never sold as UK !!!)

Again hold most parts now for imports

So perhaps with the dealers now in on the game , this is having a knock on effect with the insurance??

just a thought...

Guest leelee

cheers for the help, i have a new bmw 3 series auto, it is fun as it is tiptronic, but i would like manual now i think. I think i need to drive both though. Does the auto have a torque convertor on it??? Does anyone live near witney in oxfordshire to take me for a spin in a supra.

Cheers

Lee