The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I want a 6-speed!

RedM

Blasphemy. How dare I? I love the auto. I really do but I'm just about fed up of those, admitedly few, occasions when you put your foot down and nothing happens.

Came to a junction this evening having been stuck behind an Audi TT doing well under the limit. The road we were turning onto was nice and straigh with a 60 limit and I knew I could pull out after it and still pass it.

Followed it out by about two seconds, got the car straight, planted my foot and.....

nothing! :blink:

Oh, the speed increased for sure but there was no feeling of any turbos at all. I caught the TT but it was too late for the drag race and I had to sit in the twisties with the Audi pootling along at about 50.

Later on, I tested the car again and it was fine. Dropping gears for kick-down, plenty of go etc etc so I'm putting it down to autobox peculiarities.

Getting fed up of having either no engine braking or really savage engine braking too.

So, time to get saving again I s'pose.

Cheaper to sell my car and pay the difference than to do a conversion.

not if you keep an eye out for bargains. im not going to keep saying it but i done mine for just over a grand and with the bits which were removed and sold its looking more like £400 it cost me:D

There are a couple of places that to a lower gear won't help. The auto box is fantastic and will usually, initially out-run a manual but you can catch the auto-box out when it's too fast to change down, but too slow to be in the second turbo. IIRC these speeds are around 40mph and 80ish.

Stop being a lord Martin, proper BPU and an appreciation of where you need to be in the rev range to keep the turbos ready to go and all your problems are solved.

I've never been on the track and been annoyed due to a lack of gears and I've certainly never had it on the road.