The mkiv Supra Owners Club

am2 fuse what does it do?

mellonman

So my fun friday begins. Supra has got upset with me and stranded me on the hard shoulder on the a2 coast bound if you see me give me a wave lol. Any way so cruising along and the car cuts out get over to the hard shoulder and it's popped a am2 fuse I swap it with a spare so now cranks and have dash lights coming up . Any thoughts or things to check while I wait for the AA

Do you have the TSRM app? It has detailed wiring diagrams on there.

From what I can see it is associated with the ignition system.

Worth getting the app so you can use the diagrams to fault find. Different diagrams for TT and NA

Are you the guy I was talking to on Facebook this morning?

if your craig then yeah ,

just a update a injector pig tail was trapped between the idle control valve and fuel rail which then blew the fuse , problem is that the AEM fic has also blown as its grounding the injectors , so im now stuck and might have to buy a complete new ecu set up . being auto that makes it a killer for ecu choice also , its hard to tell if the stock ecu has failed also .

looks like I have had a stroke of good luck, turns out that the injector loom connection point in the passenger foot well had become bad probably 30 amps going through would cause some carbon deposits as it blew up , when checking for the injector voltage found that there was no feed , the was working my way through its part of the circuit and found its there,

note to anyone using the repair manuals they are for a us spec which is left hand drive so all wiring is on opposite side