The mkiv Supra Owners Club

CT20 turbo refurb in the West Midlands

rider

I purchased a spare set of turbos off a very low mileage (aren't they always?) recent import that was converted to a single for a customer. They came with one turbo having a major amount of shaft play so I'm going to have both refurbished before laying down as ready to fit. Does anyone know of a turbo refurb outfit in Shropshire or the West Midlands they can recommend?

I purchased a spare set of turbos off a very low mileage (aren't they always?) recent import that was converted to a single for a customer. They came with one turbo having a major amount of shaft play so I'm going to have both refurbished before laying down as ready to fit. Does anyone know of a turbo refurb outfit in Shropshire or the West Midlands they can recommend?

Waste of time refurbing jspec turbos. The shafts are designed to take ceramic blades, not steel blades that they will be refurbed with.

There are rebuild kits that include new steel turbines and shafts. The shaft play does not appear to have damaged the turbines so it could just be new bearings, seals and rebalance to get them together as a ready to fit pair.

Midland turbo do a fantastic service, they rebuilt my single. They are in Nottingham i think

Thanks for the recommendation, I'd prefer someone closer though to go visit and have a chat about the refurb options and economics seeing you can still buy these turbos new.