The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help fitment of Sub in boot

Thomas.B

Hey guys!

So, basically done with the engine and inside the car! (finally, the car has only been standing for 4 years ....)

Anyway, 4 years ago I don't know what I was thinking but I purchased a big mofo of a sub, 2*12" and the thing is so big so with it in I cant close the boot lol

Anyways, first thought was to remove the rear seat backrest (keeping the seat) and mounting it as it's basically the same width, but nope it wont fit.

Next idea I had was removing the "leather" of the rear backrest and mounting them inside the rest and putting the leather back and then building a box in the boot for them, has anyone done this? Does it work and produce good sound?

If that's not a good idea, does anyone have any measurements for a sub box in the boot that will actually fit and has room for 2*12" so they can play good?

Thanks!

Tyson: Yeah, I am leaning towards that too as I want the sound to be as good as possible. One thought was to build a box and integrate it to the backrest.

You don't know any that have rebuilt the boot with good pictures I can use as inspiration?

Harrypm82: My box sadly is all the way up to the springs so it won't even fit that way. Want a nice and clean look to it.

Thanks!