The mkiv Supra Owners Club

93 Supra from Japan

cleanse

Hello everyone,

I'm stationed out her in Okinawa Japan originally from Massachusetts, i had a 95N/A 5 speed before i left but i thought being out here it be worth it to find one a little cleaner out here. well here i am about a year later an i managed to find this pretty much stock 93 TT auto Supra. its actually pretty difficult to find one original like state side most have cheesy fiberglass body kit or rust and they want a arm and a leg. my plans are to keep it as stock as possible while simotanously restore all the common parts that have wear and tear but it seems to be difficult as i do not read Japanese so I'm learning of the places to source parts it seems to have a small oil leak some where, i have a few drips on the garage floor. it looks like the rack and pinion and or the from of the motor, besides that it has a few scuffs here there. i just wet sanded the whole thing and buffed it out.

it was pretty sun bleached when i got.

in the future... i plan on acquiring all the parts to convert it to manual then swap once I'm state side for customs reasoning.

IMG_1696.jpg

Welcome, the Oil leak could be the front crank seal, it leaks onto the steering rack but also back down the sump (if you are driving it not just stationary idling it). I'd get some good brake cleaner aerosols and have a good clean up then run and inspect to try and find the source.

Welcome, the Oil leak could be the front crank seal, it leaks onto the steering rack but also back down the sump (if you are driving it not just stationary idling it). I'd get some good brake cleaner aerosols and have a good clean up then run and inspect to try and find the source.

I hope its not the crank seal I've been avoiding investigating as its very slow leak. I just took a another look and I will have to do as you say.