The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car cover..... What is best?

Aaronmk4

Personally i wouldn't bother if its an outdoor cover, most are a rubbish fit and dont breath anywhere near as

good as they need too.

Unless you really splash out and get something like the carcoon, get your garage finished asap :)

We use a properly made custom fit indoor cover on the Alfa race car but it's immaculately clean when the cover goes on and then the car isn't used for several days or even weeks.

The inside of the car cover can be easily contaminated with dirt, grit etc, especially outdoor types that don't fit

very well, then you end up scratching the paintwork.

As DNK had said don't use them outside as they will just ruin the paint after a bit. Just give the car a good polish and a top quality canuba wax and get your garage sorted! If you want a properly fitting indoor cover then try these guys. Thecovercompany.co.uk

There not cheap though! Think I was quoted about £400! Worth it if the car is going to be in the garage for long period of time and stops the car from getting scratch while walking around it

the problem I have is that my garage seems to be very dusty. I'm tempted to get a car cover to put on the car in the garage!

I assume covered are bad for the paint?

I had the same problem with my garage so I painted the walls and the floor to reduce dust. I also have a draft excluder brush on the bottom of the door and I also put tile membrane on the inside of the roof as crap used to blow through there sometimes

I don't get any dust now

this is the only pic I have at the moment

I had the same problem with my garage so I painted the walls and the floor to reduce dust. I also have a draft excluder brush on the bottom of the door and I also put tile membrane on the inside of the roof as crap used to blow through there sometimes

I don't get any dust now

this is the only pic I have at the moment

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/mplavery/0ad3e625c96dc1e9f58bc224d841e665_zpsdwitudjw.jpg

Painting the floor and the roof tiles are good ideas. I need to get both done. It will be a pain to paint the floor though due to the amount of "stuff" I have in there!