PDA

View Full Version : chicken

chicken
09-08-15, 13:34
Hey guys,

Been wandering the forums from time to time for a while now, but finally registered. :)

My name is Joost, 22 years old and live in the Netherlands, near The Hague. Back in april this year I imported my Supra, which I throughly enjoyed having for as long as 6 full weeks... :D

That was, untill I got rear-ended of course. It resulted in a economic totall loss and as I'm not that handy with cars, it wouldn't have made sense trying to fix it, so I sold it.

At the moment, my new Supra is on its way from Japan and is expected to reach Holland at the end of the month. Can't wait. :D It's a '96 NA. Some pics of my new one:

Plans with the car? Many, mostly aesthetically though. As it will be used as a daily driver and therefore needs to stay reliable, I'm not sure yet if it's getting a turbo upgrade or not. It's actually one of the reasons for registering here, to learn about reliability of NA-T's. :)
Plans aesthetic-wise: probably keep stock bumpers. Wheels will be painted black and it's getting a coilover set right away. Somewhere along the way swap the headlights and perhaps the taillights, respray the car etc etc

Josh42
09-08-15, 13:56
Hi Joost, welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck!

berg
09-08-15, 18:29
Silver one looked nice too, Regulus rear valance, very rare, still have one from my old white supra i must sell, you just reminded me :)

Welcome!

hogmaw
09-08-15, 20:59
I didn't know you could register a Japanese Supra in the Netherlands, I thought European countries could only have UK models. I bet you can't wait to get your new car. NA-T is the way to go, you'll soon find out why for yourself!

Richardsu
09-08-15, 21:13
love the cars :d

Swampy442
09-08-15, 22:21
Welcome to the club Joost :)

chicken
11-08-15, 06:57
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! :D

Silver one looked nice too, Regulus rear valance, very rare, still have one from my old white supra i must sell, you just reminded me :)
Haha, never knew it was that rare. I didn't really like the look of the bumper in silver, although it looks a whole lot better on yours! (I did a quick search for pics :) )

I didn't know you could register a Japanese Supra in the Netherlands, I thought European countries could only have UK models. I bet you can't wait to get your new car. NA-T is the way to go, you'll soon find out why for yourself!
It's quite easy to import from Japan here. :D I would love to put a turbo on it, but when I hear how many of the Dutch guys got issues after upgrading, I become even more hesitant. Only way I would consider it, is by getting it done by proper shop, but I'm not sure yet if my budget allows that. :(

chicken
16-10-15, 10:18
Totally forgot to get back here. Got my Supra a week ago and enjoyed it since :D Completely satisfied with this fine example.