The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Question about exhaust options.

Anto

Hi All,

So I currently have a bog standard N/A auto and am looking for some advice on exhaust options please.

In the (very!) long term, the plan is to go NA/T but for now I want to get something that will be a little "fruitier" without being offensive (obviously no performance gain is expected!).

So do I go cat back system, 1st and/or 2nd de-cat or all the above...? Ideally I want to do something that will work fine with the current stock set-up and will still be suitable for use with a single set up.

Suggestions please!

Cheers!

I also have decat pipes available too, if you do decat it I would recommend the twin box exhaust to keep noise levels down.

Thanks Paul,

Which of the 2 cats is the most restrictive? In other words, if I wanted to try and still pass emission tests at NCT (our MOT) time, could I remove just one? If so, which one should I take out?

Thanks Paul,

Which of the 2 cats is the most restrictive? In other words, if I wanted to try and still pass emission tests at NCT (our MOT) time, could I remove just one? If so, which one should I take out?

I would remove both and then put the 2nd cat back in for the MOT, it passes in the UK like that anyway.

the 3" single box setup if the best IMO. my whifbitz system did sound nice with one cat in.

mine eventually passed emissions without any cats. for some reason, not all NA's will produce failures with emissions with cat's removed.

fitment was perfect with the setup too.