The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Interim headlight refurb

kokoro

The J-Spec headlights on my new Supra were yellowed with some condensation in the passenger one. I won't have time to do the oven trick any time soon. So I decided to tackle the yellowing and cloudiness in the interim.

Headlight before.jpg

I ordered this kit after reading reviews of loads of products online (and the forum). The main reason I picked this one was because it's got also sealant to stop the lenses deteriorating again.

Quixx.jpg

After cleaning the headlights, I wet sanded them with 2000, 3000 and then 5000 grade paper. This is what they looked like after all three grades (NB, it got worse before it got better!)

Headlight sanded.jpg

The next step was to apply the plastic polishing cream and apply fast and with pressure. I used the incuded cloth and sponge, but finished off with a microfibre cloth for windows. They polished up better with this.

Headlight polished1.jpg

Headlight polished.jpg

The final step was seal them with the cream spray included. This is the finished effect. I'm impressed and it wasn't as hard or as time consuming as I expected. I'd definitely recommend the kit (I got it on eBay).

Headlight sealed.jpg

Headlight after.jpg

It looks a hundred times better. I'm very happy with the results.

Here's the link for the kit I bought. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quixx-Headlight-Restoration-Kit-Lens-Sealer-Headlamp-Restorer-Prevent-Cure-/260956882100?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item3cc23e04b4

The lovely Corrado belongs to my boyfriend. We like old coupes with class. :sly: