The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TOMS ECU V Emanage Blue on a BPU car

tooquicktostop

I have built and owned a few single cars with FconV Pro and AEM standalone, I have no real experience in pushing a BPU car, I am going to push the one I am building, I have a set of 550 injectors going in with a Walbro pump so fuel will be ok, CR Turbos are rebuilding my stock turbos with steel internals, I have a TOMS ECU ready to go in, no mapping required, would there be any MAJOR advantage having an Emanage blue (one for sale on here for good price), I am not just looking at the power advantage but control of fuelling and getting the best from the BPU set up.

I was tempted to get Ryan to fit and map a stand alone but I dont think the gains will be worth the cost, although it would be getting much closer to being single ready !

I have built and owned a few single cars with FconV Pro and AEM standalone, I have no real experience in pushing a BPU car, I am going to push the one I am building, I have a set of 550 injectors going in with a Walbro pump so fuel will be ok, CR Turbos are rebuilding my stock turbos with steel internals, I have a TOMS ECU ready to go in, no mapping required, would there be any MAJOR advantage having an Emanage blue (one for sale on here for good price), I am not just looking at the power advantage but control of fuelling and getting the best from the BPU set up.

I was tempted to get Ryan to fit and map a stand alone but I dont think the gains will be worth the cost, although it would be getting much closer to being single ready !

I'd really love to see what he can achieve with a Syvecs on a BPU car.

If you're going with aftermarket cams, I'd go emanage.

I'd really love to see what he can achieve with a Syvecs on a BPU car.

If you're going with aftermarket cams, I'd go emanage.

We have just dropped the stock cams back in, I will continue to develop the car this year but I am concerned with giving Dave too much to do, he has boxes of parts to fit as well as the bodywork to sort out and I want the car on the road for the Spring

No idea Nic, this is one of my concerns, the TOMS could be resold, they are so rare now but I think the are Jspec specific and the 550's could be an issue

You'll need some way of mapping for the bigger injectors and increased airflow from the hybrid turbos.

I wouldn't bother fitting the TOMS ECU, I'd either fit a stock ECU & piggyback ECU, or better still full standalone ECU.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

You'll need some way of mapping for the bigger injectors and increased airflow from the hybrid turbos. I wouldn't bother fitting the TOMS ECU, either fit a stock and piggyback ECU or better still full standalone ECU.

Thanks for the advice, right I have made an executive decision, I am going to get Ryan to fit and map a standalone ECU, will take his advice on which way to go