The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Vac Hose Question

SupraD06

Hi guys, just wondered if anyone could let me know if its ok to have some of the vac lines blocked off. Ive taken all the turbo hard pipes off today to paint them, and as ive been removing everything ive noticed quite a few pipes blocked off. These pictures are not of my car, but ive tried to explain what differences mine has. Any info would be great

Ok first off, both the pipes here are blocked off.

Both of these are blocked off also

The pipe that comes out the front ( RED ARROW ) is blocked off

The pipe that comes out the top ( BLUE ARROW ) is connected to one of the hard pipes running along the top of the turbos, and T's into by boost controler solanoid. And the pipe that comes out the face of the turbo ( GREEN ARROW ) is also blocked off. Is this ok? or should the be re connected?

Edited by SupraD06 (see edit history)

The pipe that comes out the front ( RED ARROW ) is blocked off

The pipe that comes out the top ( BLUE ARROW ) is connected to one of the hard pipes running along the top of the turbos, and T's into by boost controler solanoid. And the pipe that comes out the face of the turbo ( GREEN ARROW ) is also blocked off. Is this ok? or should the be re connected?

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo66/Suprad06/pic3.jpg

I Can't be sure and wait to be corrected and if you have a EBC

The Green arrow, goes from your boost controller to the turbo

The Blue arrow is also from the boost controller to the actuator

The Red arrow is blocked

Thanks for the advice guys, can someone who's running a boost controller let me know if they have both of the hoses blocked off in the first pic please. Anyone know what would happen if i reconnect them back up? Im not sure what to do now to be honest, im tempted to start again from scratch, and put everything back to stock and then just T in my boost controler, or i need to copy someones pluming to theirs. Just seems odd to have so many points blocked up. Ill try and take some more pictures today and show what ive got going to what.

Can someone just confirm if anything even needs blocking off? Can a boost controler not just be T'd in and that be that? or do you need to bypass some of the vsv's

Ok bit of a pita this one, not sure if this is how its meant to be, or if its been bodged together.

Seems like these ARE meant to be blocked off, so thats one problem sorted

But then these two are still blocked off, and the one my thumb is on is blocked off at the other end if you follow it to the front of the engine

Then the hose that connects to the turbo pipework here

goes all the way to the back of the engine, and T's in the ON side of the boost solanoid, and then goes down the back onto one of the pressure tank hose hard pipes, so the rubber end of one of them is now blocked off.

This is it going down the back

and it goes into the left hard pipe in this pic

Then in this pic, you can see that the far right hardpipe witht the blue T on it, well this goes to the COM side of the boost controler and then down to the top of the wastegate actuator

Even though the far right hard pipe is meant to go into the outlet Y pipe as seen here, but thats what the other side of my boost controler solanoid is on.

And finaly the pipe in the front of the turbo is blocked off.

Its looks so messed up im tempted to put all the hoses back to stock, and then check with someone who has one fitted as to where they put all their connections.

Soory for the long post, but could realy do with sorting this out.

Edited by SupraD06 (see edit history)

Its looks so messed up im tempted to put all the hoses back to stock, and then check with someone who has one fitted as to where they put all their connections.

:yeahthat:

I'd put everything back to stock with brand new hosing, then test drive the car to check the sequential system is working as it should.

Once you know everything is okay, then I would plumb the boost controller back in. Which boost controller do you have fitted?

Hiya Nic, its a Greddy Profec B II, just dont like the way so many pipes have been blocked off. Ive just ordered some new vac lines as the old ones are getting on abit now. Should be far eaiser to put it back to stock. I'll just reconnect the pressure tank hose as it would have been and just block off the boost controler solanoid for now, then just reconnect all the original VSV's and lines and check it works. Then all i need is a good guide to how someone has plummed theirs in.

Nic, for some reason i cant get that to open on my computer, but looking on google i found this on supraforums

http://mkiv.com/techarticles/blitz_dsbc/index.html

They said its not for the Greddy Profec B, but would be the same, now according to that guide, the front VSV and the bottom waste gate are still meant to be blocked off. So thats fine, but there is not mention of the pressure tank hose being messed with, and neither is there anything that says to block off the exhause VSV, so im going to put that back on and the pressure tank one, and then all i need to do i put the COM and ON pipes to the right places. My only problem now is that the last picture in my previous post shows that the pipe coming out the face of the turbo is blocked off, and i dont know where that used to go?

Edited by SupraD06
Added link (see edit history)

Thanks for all the help guys, and lude thanks very much for the added info on stock lines. Got to give a Massive thanks to Fastcar also for letting me bug him in the early hours for help with the boost solanoid etc. Just waiting on some new lines and hopefully ill have got rid of that horrible mess.

Cheers guys