The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT Auto into NA Auto ?

Nodalmighty

I have a TT Autobox and I'm getting a NA Auto on Saturday, will the TT auto be a straight swap for the NA Auto? Are these boxes the same or is the TT one uprated? I have a feeling the rear flange on the TT box is different to the NA one, are the flanges a straight swap or do I need to find the front half of a TT prop?

Lyndon.

:hide: I've fitted a T.T. auto into my N/A auto. :secret: Click here for "A343/0E Hybrid"

The ratios are the same, :think: nevertheless, the T.T. box has 2 more clutch-plates and can take 500-bhpftlbish. :)

Which is 200-ish more than the N/A box. :)

Can be fitted to N/A using T.T. auto prop and T.T. diff. :yahoo:

Alternatively, :think: use T.T. auto prop and change the flange :flasher: on the 4.083 N/A diff for a larger T.T. version. :confused:

T.T. Bell-housing, torque-converter, flex-plate, rear-mount and fluid-pipes are different to N/A. :think:

T.T. flavoured components must be used. :search:

N/A T.T. transmission control is different, the N/A box has 3 solenoids yet the T.T. has 5. :scared:

However, the N/A valve-body and loom are a straight swap into the TT box. :shrug:

The N/A line-pressure control-cable mounts in place of a blank on the TT box. :blink:

The N/A ECU and line pressure control cable then controls the T.T. auto transmission. :ok:

Alternatively, use a Suprastick ECU and have flappy-paddle manualised gear-changes too. attachment.php?attachmentid=143780&stc=1&d=1325612945

Other than needing a 6MT hole tapping into the blank on top of the T.T. bell-housing to mount the line-pressure control-cable and making a small tag to locate the T.T. dipstick onto the N/A inlet manifold. :rolleyes:

:innocent: It's a plug&play upgrade, :think: for the 'brave'. :thumbs:

drivingskid.gif

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Like my Jewish mate who can't speak without waving his hands all about, are you incapable of typing without using dozens of smilies? I once challenged him to spend an evening in the pub without any hand gestures, and he failed miserably, would you be up for a challenge David? :)

I like my 'Oompa Loompa's', but here's a 'kosher' version, especially for you.

I've fitted a T.T. auto transmission into my N/A auto. Click here for "A343/0E Hybrid"

The ratios are the same, nevertheless, the T.T. box has 2 more clutch-plates and can take 500-bhpftlbish, which is 200-ish more than the N/A box.

Can be fitted to N/A using T.T. auto prop and T.T. diff.

Alternatively, use T.T. auto prop and change the flange on the 4.083 N/A diff for a larger T.T. version.

T.T. Bell-housing, torque-converter, flex-plate, rear-mount and fluid-pipes are different to N/A, T.T. components must be used.

N/A T.T. transmission control is different, the N/A box has 3 solenoids yet the T.T. has 5, however, the N/A valve-body and loom are a straight swap into the TT box.

The N/A line-pressure control-cable mounts in place of a blank on the TT box allowing the N/A ECU and line pressure control cable then controls the T.T. auto transmission.

Alternatively, use a Suprastick ECU and have flappy-paddle manualised gear-changes too.

Other than needing a 6MT hole tapping into the blank on top of the T.T. bell-housing to mount the line-pressure control-cable and making a small tag to locate the T.T. dipstick onto the N/A inlet manifold it's a plug&play upgrade'.

I have the TC and bell housing. I hopefully have access to a TT auto Diff and Prop. Just need to extend the cooler pipes and get a TT solenoid plug end and re pin it then as the whole purpose of this exercise is so I can finally develop a gearbox controller for the supra.

Cheers for the info.

What is the difference on the Flex Plate (ring gear?), can the NA one be used with a TT converter ?

Lyndon.

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

Hole spacings for torque converter are different, T.T. flex-plate must be used, be careful when fitting because it's very easy to get the wrong way around.

(I have a T.T. flex-plate if you need one)

T.T. AT4 A343E fluid pipes are 40mm longer than N/A A340E, but alternatively, you could use N/A pipes with longer hoses on the ends but the mounting bracket would need 'adjustment'.

You won't need any T.T. plugs/sockets because the electrics are all N/A.

Every last little detail you need to know is given in the post and links.

Why do you need a stronger box, are you planning N/A-T?

Hole spacings for torque converter are different, T.T. flex-plate must be used, be careful when fitting because it's very easy to get the wrong way around.

(I have a T.T. flex-plate if you need one)

T.T. AT4 A343E fluid pipes are 40mm longer than N/A A340E, but alternatively, you could use N/A pipes with longer hoses on the ends but the mounting bracket would need 'adjustment'.

You won't need any T.T. plugs/sockets because the electrics are all N/A.

Every last little detail you need to know is given in the post and links.

Why do you need a stronger box, are you planning N/A-T?

I'll be retaining the 5 solenoid set-up on mine. I might fit a single at some point in the future, Just want the TT box installed for ECU development really.

I might just take you up on the flex plate offer, how much and do I need to change the started motor to a TT one?

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)