The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hmmmm what shall i do??

stu861

Ive been trying to sell the car for about 3 months now with no luck at all really, until a couple of days ago when i got an email saying that someone from exeter (about an hour away from me) is interested in the car but can only afford £2750 but i really want closer to £3000 for it.

i have looked at other supras and prices and i have noticed they arent selling at high prices at all, so what do you guys think i should do should i do it or risk waiting for more months in which i may not have any luck either??

what would you do? :shrug:

Could be he threw in a low figure just to see if you would bite.

Tell him you need £3k for the car to clear debts or something, but if he wants to come and see the car then you can talk about price. If the guy rocks up then he is interested and you can push him up closer to £3k.

It's a buyer market mate, if you need to sell, I suggest you cut your losses, with the winter coming Supra's are going to be harder to sell, it just depends if you can afford to keep hold of it for however long it takes

If you do sell it to someone from Exeter, tell them to look me up on here

If he can afford £2750, then he can afford £3000, its £250 difference lol. What he actually means is he wants to pay £2750 for it. How much have you got the car up for? I assume its more than £3000 with the hope of being bartered down to 3k? If this is the case, i personally wouldnt even entertain him as people who offer you silly low prices for cars which they've never bothered to go and see are my pet hate. I got it loads of times when i had my old Evo up for sale. As John says, get him to come view the car, if he offers less money than you want without a valid reason (because he cant afford it isn NOT a valid reason) then turn him away.