The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Deep Dish Multi Spoke's

SupraP-Z

Hey people, ive had my eye out on a couple of rims recently, but i just wanted to see if anyone else could point me in the right direction concerning the kind of wheel im after. I think they are called multi-spoke or mesh-style rims, im really unsure. Heres a few examples of what im looking for:

Axis Penta3.jpg

Axis/Ascari Penta

DPE SP20.jpg

DPE SP20

Forged Specialities M20.jpg

Forged specialities

Even something like the TSW Snetterton is quite nice

TSW Snetterton.jpg

Preferably in black with a polished/chrome lip, anything along those lines if anyone knows of any nice deep dish rims that would fit the supe :)

Here's what i've found with some of the cheaper wheels mentioned in this style.

Mania Vortex- Monsween will agree, as much as these look good and they are definitely one of the nicest in this style the lacquer peel is really bad, the only real option is to get them powder coated so they have a more durable finish.

Ultralite Nurbugring- They are also really nice but as far as i've seen seem to be pretty prone to corrosion under the lacquer, these are a set one of my mates have (that rear lip HAS been cleaned, it's corrosion you see) -

A cheaper style that i would definitely recommend would be the Fuel 5's, after 4 years on my car they still looked very new, i never once put a coat of wax or sealant on them and they drove through winter salt etc. only now they have some small amount of corrosion under the lacquer but it is still very minimal, the quality is pretty spot on imo.

other peoples opinions may differ regarding the wheels i've mentioned but this is only what i have experienced.

but i still say, for quality and looks i'd go for the BBS's or Works, more expensive but worth it. :)

The first question to ask is whats you budget ?

I have WORK Equp 3 piece splitrims and they were getting on for £3000, without the tyres :blink:

I recomended ultralites to a friend and the laquers falling off already, not even done 1000 miles :(

http://www.alloywheels.co.uk seem to have some very cheap deals

Staggered 18" 8.5 9.5 Wolfrace Sharks for £316 !!

1606.jpg

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Some brilliant suggestions here, Cheers everyone! That site is a Gem! iputinwork - loving that! Marc i remember commenting on your fuel 5's i definately like those, and are on my list but i was looking for something a little deeper in the dish. Are you still keeping those bud? I wouldnt mind taking them off your hands! hehe.

I also like the mania vortex, that does look nice, also in the style im after - but i dont know the spokes look a little on the thin side? i do like them though, good dish on the rears.

I cant believe i have missed those work vs xx rims! i think im in love! The BBS of course are in a league of their own. Guess im going to have to fork out! Anymore suggestions lads? more along the lines of those work VS XX, that is the exact kind of style that im after. Brilliant find Marc and Jim! Cheers.

Is there anyone here with the ascari/axis penta wheels on their car? I would really like to see that on a supe. I particularly like those, what do you guys think?

Edited by SupraP-Z (see edit history)