The mkiv Supra Owners Club

another manual conversion Q

mitsi_matt

right i have a 1jz soarer tt with a r154 twinplate orc & a tt supra auto.

im going to break the soarer in favor of the supra & would like to convert the supra to manual using parts from the soarer my question is

1: will the 1jz orc twinplate mate up to the 2jz

2: are 1jz & 2jz bellhousings the same

3: do i need any other parts prop etc

right i have a 1jz soarer tt with a r154 twinplate orc & a tt supra auto.

im going to break the soarer in favor of the supra & would like to convert the supra to manual using parts from the soarer my question is

1: will the 1jz orc twinplate mate up to the 2jz

2: are 1jz & 2jz bellhousings the same

3: do i need any other parts prop etc

1) Yes. You'll need to use the 1JZ flywheel anyway.

2) If you mean will the 1JZ bellhousing fit the 2JZ crankcase, the answer is yes.

3) I believe you will.

If it's a complete, running, manual Soarer, you'd probably be better off selling it and buying a 6-speed conversion.

the soarer is worth more in parts fairy smashued due to drifting & very nato green!

almost half what i would get for it would go on a new orc clutch!!!!! thats without all the messing trying to sorce the bits for the box conversion. im happy with the r154 tbh 6speed would be overkill for my requirements.

dont want to 1jz it as my 2j is in alot better condition only having covered 51k & the soarer was imported from japan having been used as a drift car there for god only knows how long, since then has been subjected to my bad servicing intervals & given deth.

to clarify will the 1jz flywheel fit the 2jz engine?