The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My supra wont start

Guest saxappeal1984

Guest saxappeal1984

hello my eng supra has had a flat batt for 2 weeks. i started it last week and left it ticking over on the drive. i went out to give it a rev and it died i thought the batt was dead so i tried to jump it off another car. when i put the jump leads on it the horn went off so i took it off and when i put it bk on it beeped at me again but stopped, the jump start did nothing. so i took the batt off and charged it over night. put the fully charged batt on today no honk of the horn nothing. tried to start it but all it does is turn over it does try but it wont start. i have a clifford alarm so i disarmed that and locked the doors on the car with the key to turn on the factory alarm. i sat in the car so i could set the alarm off by opening the doors. with the alarm set i opened the doors and alarm didnt go off (the cars horn didnt sound) all i got was a clicking noise in the pass footwell. can anyone help plz

Guest saxappeal1984

the batt is now fine it has full power. everything inside works and comes on and the engine turns over fine it just wont fire. it does sometimes sound like its going to start

I would try taking the spark plugs out and give them a clean up with a wire brush, see if that helps, my car had the same symptoms and it turned out to be flooded, never had a problem since. Also check the charger fuse in the engine bay fuse box, my clifford is wired up to that for some reason, and would work without it :blink:.