The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello ( And some advice please)

Hemanhead

Hi, i expect you hear stuff like this all the time, but here i go anyway.....

I am looking at getting a supra within the next 2 years and have already been saving up,and want some advice on what to do. I want a single turbo supra and would like to aim for about 600hp with the goal of eventually joining the club and getting a few runs in at Santa pod myself. But i want to know whether or not it is a good idea to just buy one at that spec and maintain it from there ( i notice they're usually 14k - 16k, but would obviously save rather alot of money and time ) or is it more sensible to get a stock TT ( UK preferably) and perform the conversion and upgrades myself so i know what has happened to the car?

( I should point out here that my car knowledge is pretty limited, however i maintain aircraft so i do have transferable skills and learn very very fast :))

I am 90% certain i am going to the Jap Show at Santa pod in October, i believe there is a good attendance from the club on Sunday 4th?

Might it be a good idea to pop over and have a chat with a few 'in the know' members?

Thanks in advance.

I would personally buy one already done. You are going to end up spending alot more on a stock TT and doing it all yourself. Try Jurgen at JM-Imports on here. He would be able to get a very nice example for your budget. Paul Whiffin at Whifbitz has a good reputation on the forum aswell.

Just be carefull what you buy, go through a reputable dealer or buy from a member on here. In 2 years I might be ready to part with mine ;)

Thanks for your replies. well i already have about 10k to spend, but im going to save alot more, probably nearer 20k and just see where to go from there, im quite young so i dont mind waiting a couple of years just for insurance premiums to cool down. I would like to build my own so i know it inside out but if there are reputable sellers both private and commercial then i dont mind buying one complete. Hope i get to chat to a few of you next sunday, cheers.