The mkiv Supra Owners Club

where can i get a stubby ariel from

uk-rich

I'm working on one Rich so will let you know mate. I might send you one over near the completion time so you can fit one to your own car and let me know if I've missed anything from the kit or instructions, if you're interested?

Haven't seen you in ages, hope you're doing well :)

You are thinking exactly the same as I have for a long time http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=2054252&postcount=23

Got a bit of a shock when they wanted £54+VAT :blink:

Also Rich I think there will be a problem with reception as I think the mercs run at least two aerials, maybe a third from what I read ages ago.

If you find a sl55 aerial then please let me know as I might get one and have a special extension bar machined to suit the merc aerial so it's a good seal :)

It may well be mate, I just remember reading that the mercs have two or three aerials to boost the signal. Any stubby aerial on a Supra is never going to give as good reception as the original mast, there will always be a compromise.