The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uk Alarm Problems (help needed asap)

chrisavila100

Hi guys, ok i have a BIG problem with my alarm!

Here is the story:

The battery had gone flat whilst up at chris's having some work done, and when a charged battery was reconected the alarm did not work. Ie: the key fob did nothing, so i had to lock/unlock with the key. i tried the fob reset by holding button 1 down for 10 secs + but this did nothing..

Once i got back to essex i searched on here and then went to try a few things out.

I took the battery terminals off then put back on a few mins later and the alarm went off, cool i thought.. untill what ever i did, it would not turn off..

I tried holding the fob, putting keys in the ignition, locking and unlocking the doors, nothing will shut the damn thing up!

Then after 30 secs it turns off but the solid red light comes back on the dash, and then if i open the door or try the ignition the alarm goes off again....

Ive spent an hour trying different things, but what ever i do i cannot disarm the alarm! apart from pulling the battery...

But then every time i reconnect the battery the red security light comes on, and the system is armed..

So now i have my car back, but cannot move it! or start it!

Any ideas guys, Apart from taking the car to get a new alarm installed!

My wallet cannot take another hit this week:(

Thanks again...

I only left it off for about 2/3 mins..

I will disconnect it in the morning for 1/2 hour or so and see what happens..

Seems to be the most used way of reseting the alarm..

Is there anyway to properly reset the alarm system?

If nothing works do you think calling out the rac might achieve anything?

I almost wish i had left it not working, but i would not have got a winks sleep knowing its not alarmed.. and at least i now know, no one can pinch it! not even me lol..

Cheers again..

Guest 94REDTT

Try putting the key in the passenger door. Or your key is probably worn out. The same thing happened to my SUPRA just before I bought it, the previous owner had the dealership take the alarm system completely out. Cost $600

Well ive tried everything!

I even called the AA out, he spent an hour fiddling around and tried various methods of reseting the alarm, removing the dome fuse ect and still nothing..

The weird thing is we mannaged to get the car started by disconnecting the battery turning the key to postion 2 then reconnecting the battery then the car will start.. but as soon as you turn off the ignition off the alarm goes off!

Can anyone recomend a good alarm fitter in colchester??

Think im going to have to get a new system put in:(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Beany

Guys, I need HELP asap too on this! My battery went flat, I had it charged and when I reconnect the alarm just won't stop going off. I have replaced the battery in the key fob in case it was that. But no matter how many times I press the black button nothing happens - it will not power the central locking system or disengage the alarm.

I tried taking fuse 15 out in the interior fuse panel and reconnected battery. It sort of works - alarm stops going off when battery reconnected but as soon as I put the fuse back in again the alarm goes off. Very frustrating.

Can anyone help? thanks

Common problem on Uk alarms. I have no answer, save bypass the thing. I absolutely refuse to have an immobiliser on my cars. The only thing here with an immobiliser is the wife's Jeep, and that defeated me as it's part of the ecu itself and I couldn't get any info on how to circumnavigate the thing. It's a sodding nuisance and I curse it daily.

I had loads of problems with the alarm on my UK car, sometimes the fob did nothing, once i was particularly annoyed because i'd come out the gym and it was hammering with rain and i got soaked. Was 11 at night as well so couldn't wait in the gym either. Opened the door with the key go get out the rain, alarm went off and wouldn't shut up - 45 min later everything worked on it's own again. :shrug:

Forgive me but have you tried the things suggested under "Theft deterrent system (right-hand drive vehicles)" in the Owner's Manual?

I may be reading it wrong but it suggests that the battery should only be disconnected/reconnected when the vehicle is unlocked. I guess it may be too late now ...

Guest Beany

thanks guys. doesn't look straightforward to solve! to make sure i'm straight it looks like I need a new alarm ecu? and someone to fit it?

I had a similar problem on my girlfriend's ST205 a couple of weeks ago, the positive battery terminal came loose and spiked the alarm. It was a Toyota 5000 alarm, standard fit thing that has an immobiliser and controls the central locking etc.

I spoke to my friendly Mr T parts guy who suggested the following, and suprisingly it worked:

1. Open the drivers door and leave it open just in case the alarm turns on and locks you out!

2. Turn the ignition on to ACC.

3. Disconnect the positive terminal of the battery for about 5 seconds and reconnect as cleanly as you can (without sparking etc.)

4. Turn the ignition off

5. Press the black button. The alarm should respond. If not, try holding the black button for 10 seconds as per Ratboy's instructions to re-sync the keyfob to the alarm unit.

This should sort it, the technician apparently said sometimes you have to repeat this 2-3 times before it will work, but if the alarm unit is still ok then this should sort it out.

When I reconnected the battery, before I even took the keys out of the ignition it had started flashing the hazard lights so the alarm had already started working again.