The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Did a headlight refurb

Tom

I gave them a once over with a machine polisher after wetsanding with 3000 grit on the outside a few weeks ago, but they still didnt come up as well as I wanted, so I took them apart today and machine polished the inside of the plastic then polished and waxed everything that would be seen :)

they were really yellow before the wetsanding but even better now ;)

Lights come out very easily, 1 10mm bolt, and 2 10mm nuts!, 5 mins and they are out :)

Just make sure the lights fit in the oven with a good clearance of the sides, I normally sit the lights on a couple of bits of wood.

5 mins I think I let mine stay in the oven @ 200 Degrees, pulled apart nice and easy.

Use a hairdryer or a paint stripper gun...be careful though keep the heat even and keep the gun moving try not to concentrate on just one area and prize apart using plastic wedges..did mine under a room fan heater at work, it was quite easy...can give u one tip though if you want to paint the inside black but still want chrome rings...mask them up first b4 u paint:blink: i didn't:(

NICE JOB!!

Lights come out very easily, 1 10mm bolt, and 2 10mm nuts!, 5 mins and they are out :)

Just make sure the lights fit in the oven with a good clearance of the sides, I normally sit the lights on a couple of bits of wood.

5 mins I think I let mine stay in the oven @ 200 Degrees, pulled apart nice and easy.

i might do it tomorrow so i need 2000 grade sand paper, i have plastex, i need wax and polish, what is the best thing to use to seal these bad boys back togeather?