The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back in Love with my Supra

Kiunno

:D

Lads and Lassies,

I am back in love with my Supra and thanks in most part to everybody on Supra.net

After reading posts I have noticed and fixed :

1. Loss of Boost,crapped myself in case #2 Turbo was on way out but eventually found boost pipe slightly loose on Top of the Intercooler where it enters.

2. Removed dash and traced wires to TRAC computer to check TRAC switch.(which stil dosen't work)

3. Creaking and tapping front suspension, found loose nut on lower wishbone front, got about a half turn on the nut, reduced the tapping.

4. Really annoying boot rattle, replaced boot rubbers for about E5 a piece,p.s. plenty of wd40 sprayed hours b4 hand and a bit of thickness = no impact driver or drill required....theres more:rolleyes:

5. Replaced all stabiliser bar links (drop links) approx' E170

6. Replaced back wishbone bushings E350 including fitting.

Tahnks to you guys for most if not all of the info on these issues:D

Teh car feels amazing but still needs more

hahaha, my noisy fuel pump pretty much hides all the other rattles sqeeks and other funny noises.... was also quite a bit cheaper... :D

Lol funny you say that when I got rid of the boot rattles I could hear other rattle,bumps and squeaks.. maybe I've mice :)

:D

Lads and Lassies,

I am back in love with my Supra and thanks in most part to everybody on Supra.net

After reading posts I have noticed and fixed :

1. Loss of Boost,crapped myself in case #2 Turbo was on way out but eventually found boost pipe slightly loose on Top of the Intercooler where it enters.

2. Removed dash and traced wires to TRAC computer to check TRAC switch.(which stil dosen't work)

3. Creaking and tapping front suspension, found loose nut on lower wishbone front, got about a half turn on the nut, reduced the tapping.

4. Really annoying boot rattle, replaced boot rubbers for about E5 a piece,p.s. plenty of wd40 sprayed hours b4 hand and a bit of thickness = no impact driver or drill required....theres more:rolleyes:

5. Replaced all stabiliser bar links (drop links) approx' E170

6. Replaced back wishbone bushings E350 including fitting.

Tahnks to you guys for most if not all of the info on these issues:D

Teh car feels amazing but still needs more

Glad to hear your enjoying her more, and stick around longer, and please post more regular, I could look at your Avatar all night long, but still not good on a night shift with 12 hours to go until I get home to the gf, Jake might be in trouble tonight lol...... ;)

Who is she anyway ? Sod the car, the other brain has kicked in lol...:D

My front right suspension is making a squeaky sound when i go over sudden bumps (Bilstein,blue?) pretty damn low on front..its kinda annoying, what u reckon wud fix it??

Funny you say that,I thought the Stabiliser bar links would be the cause of squeaks from front but mine have been replaced and the funny squeak is still there,not too bad though,these problems seem to be hard to trace. Got mine back from a mate's garage and he said one of the lower control arm (wishbone) bushes needed replacing,so I'd get a decent mechanic just to inspect your whole front,wouldn't cost much:)