The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Final mapping at last

tooquicktostop

This afternoon Dan will be mapping my car to 1.5 bar, for those of you who know the car and its history (GT Cars creation!) it has been a long and frustrating road, got very close two weeks ago and reached 550 BHP before the fuel pressure became an issue, so with new twin fuel pumps and a shiny new FPR and NOS I am going back and all being well should be ready for Santa Pod next weekend :D

brill, pleased for you mate which cams do you have? :)

I am running 264 cam with HKS Cam Pulley's, cant wait to see the numbers today, this is a stock engine so 550 or just above will be enough, the NOS is progressive just to get the turbo spinning up quicker, I will scan the dyno sheet and post up later this evening, I see you have just sold the turbo I am running and moved on to the T51, good luck with the conversion that should give some impressive numbers ;)

Guest Nicholas
I am running 264 cam with HKS Cam Pulley's, cant wait to see the numbers today, this is a stock engine so 550 or just above will be enough, the NOS is progressive just to get the turbo spinning up quicker, I will scan the dyno sheet and post up later this evening, I see you have just sold the turbo I am running and moved on to the T51, good luck with the conversion that should give some impressive numbers ;)

I'm going for the 264/264 cams also :) I'll have a guess at 586hp.

Get Dan to make it pop and bang on the over run for you also! I'd love a passenger ride in a nitrous equipped single at somepoint, let me know next time you're at Dan's or turbofit and I'll pop down if you don't mind?

Nick.

I'm going for the 264/264 cams also :) I'll have a guess at 586hp.

Get Dan to make it pop and bang on the over run for you also! I'd love a passenger ride in a nitrous equipped single at somepoint, let me know next time you're at Dan's or turbofit and I'll pop down if you don't mind?

Nick.

Well just got back from a long mapping session, had some issues as always, this time a small and annoying boost leak which took ages to find, it was on the pipe going to the bottom of the wastegate and this stopped us achieving anymore that 1.35bar, got 541BHP at this point, will be going back Monday to repair leak and map to 1.5 or even 1.6 as Dan thinks it can take it, We have not even turned on the NOS yet and that is a 100 shot :D

I have the over run mapped in now and you are more than welcome to come over Tuesday afternoon to the rolling road for a spin

Good news fella :) Got a boost leak myself and can't find the bugger!

Is that figure at the wheels or est. flywheel?

Its an est fly figure, Dan thinks I sould see 600 on Monday (again fly) I have the dyno graph from the last run when things were getting a wee bit hot, I will scan it now and post it up ;)

The way he went about fnding the leak was very interesting to watch and when it was found it was quite small but enough to stop the boost climing, I will need to fit a 1 bar wastegate spring also I am told !

Cool, you have a LOT of power to come yet then :D

Did they do the inner tube & airline method to check for leaks? Works a treat.

He had some special leak testing kit and a lot of pumping up each tube and listening for leaks or watching the pressure gauge for a drop, very interesting and gave a break from the torture that is watching you car on a RR :)

Guest Nicholas
He had some special leak testing kit and a lot of pumping up each tube and listening for leaks or watching the pressure gauge for a drop, very interesting and gave a break from the torture that is watching you car on a RR :)

That garage has all the best tool and a proper boost leak kit not a fabricated one :)

Cheers for the offer mate I'll see if I can get tuesday off! :)