The mkiv Supra Owners Club

write off valuation

dwayne

does anybody know how much my insurance company would pay out if the supra is a write off. its L reg 58,000 miles twin turbo 6 speed import.

just wondered if anyone else has experience in this and have they managed to buy the car back.

cheers

dwayne

Has the Micra driver admitted responsibility?

I 'think' if they have, then provided the car is not dangerous to repair (which it isn't from the pics), you can demand the car is fixed?

Not sure about that tbh!!

Does your car not have an agreed value Dwayne? Also, I would put together any pics you have to demonstrate the condition and use any means possible to show that it was an enthusiasts car, ie owners club details, prices of cars on Autotrader etc!!

Don't take any shit from the insurance company. You pay them for a service remember....;) Do not accept the first offer either. They will try to do things as cheaply as possible!

H.

Not sure about that tbh!!

Does your car not have an agreed value Dwayne? Also, I would put together any pics you have to demonstrate the condition and use any means possible to show that it was an enthusiasts car, ie owners club details, prices of cars on Autotrader etc!!

Don't take any shit from the insurance company. You pay them for a service remember....;) Do not accept the first offer either. They will try to do things as cheaply as possible!

H.

Definitely this.

the other driver did admit responsibility and i also got the police there so i could get an incident number.

i dont want to lose the car because the bloke i bought it off spent 15k on the engine.

Do NOT let them take it via salvage yard etc. You'll lose the bloody lot and won't be able to prove it.