The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Black Supra 6speed TT manual Owners

Guest FKARichie-Supra-R

Guest FKARichie-Supra-R

Hi folks, new to the site and im basically looking for a uk spec or Jspec Black Supra TT 6 speed manual and was hoping members who own one would post in this thread so i could have a look at in their garage pics! :D and maybe make someone an offer... ;)

Any help appreciated..

Guest FKARichie-Supra-R
very good taste you have mate, but just to let you know the black TT6 or single 6 are not easy to find.

there is one in Japan going for £7500 FOB Japan, if thats any good to you :)

I know, nightmare.. Have you got a link for that Supra? is it in the auctions or stock?

Guest FKARichie-Supra-R
You're best off looking in the Cars For Sale section, there might be one up for grabs there.

Mine is an ex-TT if thats any good, but you'd need deep pockets ;)

Ignorance and stupid question but, why go TT to single?

I know, nightmare.. Have you got a link for that Supra? is it in the auctions or stock?

sorry dont have a link as its been sent by an email to me, although I have some pics if you want, its in stock, I have imported my last few jap cars and have a mate who keeps me updated with the auctions/stocks etc.

its a 93/october

70,000 KM

HKS /Drager muffler

HKS/Air filter

KAYABA/shocks

MOMO/S.wheel

Turbo timer

its FOB so you need to pay the shipping (about £400-500), TAX, customs duty and VAT, then registration with MOT.

You're not thinking about selling already are you Homer?

Nope, not at all. Unless someone makes an offer I can't refuse :D

Ignorance and stupid question but, why go TT to single?

Don't worry matey, it's a good question for newbies ;)

The stock TT systems allows up to 450hp (flywheel) at its absolute upper limit. In order to get more HP, a significant change is needed to the turbo system, fueling and ECU, the most cost effective being the 'single turbo conversion'. It basically bins everything on the exhuast side of the stock TT and replaces it with a much larger turbo.

A basic conversion allows power to be increased up to 550hp without any changes to the bottom end or head (the Supra's strongest point is the strenght of the standard engine). This costs between £6-10k. More HP requires a rebuild (£15k -> skys the limit!)

Guest FKARichie-Supra-R
Nope, not at all. Unless someone makes an offer I can't refuse :D

Don't worry matey, it's a good question for newbies ;)

The stock TT systems allows up to 450hp (flywheel) at its absolute upper limit. In order to get more HP, a significant change is needed to the turbo system, fueling and ECU, the most cost effective being the 'single turbo conversion'. It basically bins everything on the exhuast side of the stock TT and replaces it with a much larger turbo.

A basic conversion allows power to be increased up to 550hp without any changes to the bottom end or head (the Supra's strongest point is the strenght of the standard engine). This costs between £6-10k. More HP requires a rebuild (£15k -> skys the limit!)

cheers for the info homer..

I may go for the standard 5 speed manual aswell as not many TT 6 Speed black uk spec's out there...

So any members wana sell up or show me theres post up here please! ;)

cheers for the info homer..

I may go for the standard 5 speed manual aswell as not many TT 6 Speed black uk spec's out there...

So any members wana sell up or show me theres post up here please! ;)

all manual TT's are 6 speed as standard.

Guest FKARichie-Supra-R
all manual TT's are 6 speed as standard.

yea whatever DANNY! i was just bumping the post and checking your knowledge :D :D :D

im going over here now :hide: (newbie)

Guest FKARichie-Supra-R
I've got one, imported in november. dont wanna sell unless you offer me stupid money though lol

@sheefa: defo has to be black mate... heart set on it!

@glosphil, any pics mate?

im ideally after a uk spec TT black 6speed manual with cream leather interior but its very very hard to find!!

raging Graham-S sold his 2weeks ago and its exactly what im after!..

But a nice enough jspec and i maybe persuaded..

[quote=Richie-Supra-R;1353519@glosphil, any pics mate?

http://www.faceparty.com/pb/1713/images/phil_harlow_22241359.jpg

Not a very good pic, was the pic the importer gave me. Pretty much still the same. J-Spec TT6 Black, Full service history, clean, uk brakes and blistien shocks, aftermarket exhaust, apexi air filter, Worx Vs Alloys, Cambelt and full fluid service when imported in Nov. IK24 plugs. Blitz ECU.

But as I say, dont really want to sell, as I want to upgrade it, but if the money is right, I'll just buy another one thats already been singled :)

im ideally after a uk spec TT black 6speed manual with cream leather interior but its very very hard to find!!

You do realise how rare that spec is don't you? There were only 600 or so UK Supra's made, of which only a few were manual, of them only a few were black. A good few have been written off since then too.

Its a shame as you've missed out on two lovely examples in the last month. Be prepared to wait a while for one (On the other hand you might get lucky ;) )