The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fujitsubo Zorst Fitted...

hadyn

At last, someone else who has one of these! My car came with one back in '03, though it was rusted out even back then.

I agree with you, its very quiet indeed though rather restrictive. I gained 0.2 bar after swapping to an RSR, mind you that was somewhat louder :innocent:

So when you say restrictive homer, you'd say restrictive as the stock system? The pipework looks free-flowing its just the fact its got a silencer and big back box in there :)

I'm only basing it on the boost I got, back when I had no clue about these cars. IIRC, it had one baffled silencer, then another large back box at the end of the exhaust, I think it was 3inch pipe work all the way through.

In my ignorance, I smashed it to bits with a sledge hammer (VERY satisfying!) after fitting the RSR, in hind sight, it probably would have been better to sell it on :innocent:

that`s their range...... very surprised these would rot, made of heavy stainless material

Where does it say that? Also, when was it introduced?

Compnies (like RSR) produce exactly the same pipes but switched to SS pipework without a mention in any catelogue...

The zorst I've got is mild steel pipe work and stainless steel backbox - like the majority of 90s jap systems...

That was the same as mine, though it was well old (I'd guess at least 3-4 years before it came to the UK in 2003). Rusted to feck hence why I smashed it :D

I agree with you, its very quiet indeed though rather restrictive. I gained 0.2 bar after swapping to an RSR, mind you that was somewhat louder :innocent:

Perhaps the rise was due to the fact your Fujitsubo was 'rusted to feck' and probably had holes in it, hence the boost rise with a new zorst?

Quick pic of the overall ass now as well :D

DSC00474.JPG