The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pic updates of crash

Supra ST Myster

ok, so got the car back today from the tow company, so starting stripping the front end down to see damage, and think good news is that there is no chassis damage and i was lucky in just missing the right hand side crash bar..

so damage is

Need new Rad (had a fluidlyne in there before)

New Tranny cooler

Air con rad and pipe knackerd but think i wont bother in replacing this as never use it anyway

damaged fan that sits at the bottom in a cage

Power steering pipes all damaged and lost all fluid from it

new bonnet

new door

all wheels have damage from when i went up the curb but the air in the tyres so maybe possible to fix the wheels.

Going to need new lower panel and upper slam panel and the slim panel that goes around the bottom of the lights,

Passenger side quater panel as well

New Glass Passenger side headlight

New fuse box also as the plastic bit got crushed by the batt

New passenger side wing mirror

New windscreen washer bottle

Only prob bit i think is where the battery sat the panel below it is bent up so will leave that to the body shop to repair aswell as the 2 upper and lower panels as these are welded on.

So its all stripped and ready to get the two panels at the front sorted by repair people then buy the above and fit it all back together again!

some pics not the best but you get the point..

Photo-0123.jpg

Photo-0124.jpg

Photo-0144.jpg

Photo-0146.jpg

Photo-0148.jpg

Photo-0151.jpg

Photo-0152.jpg

Photo-0159.jpg

Photo-0157.jpg

Photo-0158.jpg

Photo-0156.jpg

Photo-0153.jpg

Photo-0143.jpg

Photo-0147.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE...

Hope to have my car finished for this weekend and ready to take it for a spin and straight to a wheel alignment place and check the geo settings is all ok.. hopefully not bent anything when i went up the curb! cant see any damage so fingers crossed

Done all the work myself and very pleased with it really, but thanks to Greg at Turbo Fit for his usal great advise and thanks to Wayne for the replacment panels, had to take the old slam panel off, old rad support panel off (what a pain that was, more spot welds than a spotty teenager with achne! :D ) and replaced with nice new ones from Steve Manley in Oxford, got a nice new tranny cooler in with Rad, and now running a seperate oil cooler for the Power Steering, just gotta plumb that in then fill the autobox and power steering up and see how it goes, not driven the soop now for 4 weeks! Nearly there now, and if ok then off the spray shop to get a nice new coat of black!

may even stick some veilside offenders on there while im at it.

Pics will come on sat, got some from my phone but not very clear

cheers mate, will have your spoiler on as well when it goes in for spraying as its with Knight racer now to do that work on the bottom :)

Great to hear, I did think it was a shame you were having to sell it after having just bought it :(

Still, must be a sign you were meant to keep it :)

yeah, also a thanks goes out to my ex as she sorted it with her mum for the car to be in there garage, good job we are on good terms still!! Give me good work room!

I know if i went through with the insurance they would of written it off judging by other people who had a lot less damage and i would of lost out big time!

Cost me about £500 so far which includes alloys, plus i like enjoy working on my car, get to learn alot from it.