The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Radio Code

Keith C

Disconnected my battery last night, and like a muppet I totally forgot about the security on the stereo (the Toyota standard jobbie).

Basically, what if anything can I do to get my stereo working again given that I *don't* know the code?

Cheers

Guest Martin F

Speak to Stu about this. He set it up when i disconnected his battery for the RLTC install.

If he's forgotten then i do have a reset procedure for the American OEM radios which may work on our UK spec ones. Let me know if you want it emailed over.

Originally posted by Gordon Flynn

If you have proof of your car's VIN and registration number, a Toyota dealer should be able to supply you with the code.

hi Gordon -actually there was no code setup in the stock stereo when i bought the car and having asked both of the previous owners (back to the 1st owner) i don't believe there was ever a code setup, so i'm 99% sure that the stereo comes in the car without a code and left up to the owner to choose their own code or just leave it as is, code-free.

- I set the code up myself when i had the car. (and fortunetely for Keith i can still remember !)

ps. for the curious:

that's as much as i can remember. been about 18 years...

Guest Martin F
Originally posted by Doughie

ps. for the curious:

that's as much as i can remember. been about 18 years...

:zzz:

Originally posted by Martin F

:zzz:

hey, wake up Marty.

If in a few years, you get your Supe bored out and then you want to calculate the new engine capacity very very very very very very accurately, this information of pi (to 45 dec.places) is what u need.

HTH (!)

Stu

(Pi-nerd)

Originally posted by Doughie

hi Gordon -actually there was no code setup in the stock stereo when i bought the car and having asked both of the previous owners (back to the 1st owner) i don't believe there was ever a code setup, so i'm 99% sure that the stereo comes in the car without a code and left up to the owner to choose their own code or just leave it as is, code-free.

- I set the code up myself when i had the car. (and fortunetely for Keith i can still remember !)

That's exactly right Stu. I've just fitted the UK stock stereo that began life in Dean's car, to my J-Spec. As it had 'Anti Theft System' on the cassette, I e-mailed Dean for the code. He didn't know of one, and when I plugged it in, it worked fine :)

Still not sure what the Anti Theft System is tho'. :conf:

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I've just had a flat battery and my standard radio has got 'security' on the green screen. I guess I've got to enter the code, but how? I don't have any manuals about the radio. I tried pushing all the buttons but the text on the screen doesn't change :(

Please help, got a long ride tomorrow and can't go without music can I? :sos:

Thanks a lot,

Peter

Hello,

I've just had a flat battery and my standard radio has got 'security' on the green screen. I guess I've got to enter the code, but how? I don't have any manuals about the radio. I tried pushing all the buttons but the text on the screen doesn't change :(

Please help, got a long ride tomorrow and can't go without music can I? :sos:

Thanks a lot,

Peter

I had this when i connected a trickle charger to the car when it was in the garage. I took it to Toyota and they took out and replaced the main fuse in the l/h turret and the stereo worked fine after that. You dont need the code.

I had this when i connected a trickle charger to the car when it was in the garage. I took it to Toyota and they took out and replaced the main fuse in the l/h turret and the stereo worked fine after that. You dont need the code.

I also had connected a charger to my battery last weekend. Maybe that was the problem?

I will ask my toyota mechanic to take a look at it. Thanks for the reply Gordon!

:D

Ok, to unlock the radio (assuming you have the code):

1) Put ignition into 'acc'

2) Press and hold the 'Tune (FF)' button and press '1 (Prog)' - the display will change to 'CODE---'

3) Use the 1, 2 and 3 buttons to key in the code. Press 'TI' once done.

Hope that helps! :)