The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JDM ECU Loom Help

Angarak

Dear knowledgeable guru's ...I need your help badly :)

I have a 95 RZ TT (BPU) that came with a speed converter. Since removing an "Apexi Rev/Speed Meter" (some gadget that measures 0-60, etc) and adding 2 new gauges I've had a code 42 error when I hit 60mph (regardless of boost/revs/gear).

Having put the forum search feature through its paces I've come across several informative threads on the problem.

To date I have:

1>

Checked the Odometer loom for loose wires, etc - none found

2>

Fitted another speed converter that Jurgen kindly borrowed me - but that didnt fix it.

3>

Since the tripometer does increment, I believe this means the #1 speed sensor is sending a good signal as far as the Odometer, so I fitted a second hand Odometer that I purchased from JezzyBabes - but this didnt fix it

Frustrated at this, I pulled up the passenger footwell carpet to check out the ECU loom...and lo and behold I think I've found the problem!

Passenger Footwell

My car has an FCON V ECU fitted, and as mentioned above it came with an "Apexi Rev/Speed Meter".

The footwell looked like this before I touched it (no bird nest comments please lol):

http://mooch.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/supra/F-CON_V_6.jpg

Since removing the "Apexi I-Monitor", it now looks like this:

http://mooch.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/supra/ecu_loom.jpg

In the 1st image (when the "Apexi Rev/Speed Meter" was connected) the PINK WIRE (which I believe to be the speed signal input wire) is CUT and connected to the "Apexi Rev/Speed Meter" as follows:

:: Pink wire (plug side) connected to PEACH wire of "Apexi Rev/Speed Meter"

:: Pink wire (loom side) connected to PURPLE wire of "Apexi Rev/Speed Meter"

Having tracked down the installation manual for the "Apexi Rev/Speed Meter" I found this:

http://mooch.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/supra/apexi_ecu.jpg

Note the lower diagram, showing the PURPLE (PINK in the case of the Supra) ECU wire cut and spliced into the PURPLE / PEACH wires of the "Apexi Rev/Speed Meter".

Possible cause of my Code 42

Im thinking that if I re-connect the cut PINK wire my Code 42 problem will be solved.

I have attached the "Apexi Rev/Speed Meter" instructions to this post should they be of any use.

Do you think Im on the right track or talking bollocks / barking up the wrong tree?

Regards

Simon

Apexi-RSM.pdf