The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Removal Of Front Active Spoiler

Voo51

Right, i have read several posts on doing this but i just want to confirm ;

The whole unit comes off in one, so i have got to get on my back under my car and it will just unbolt?!

How do i remove the active spoiler ecu as i cant find a definate answer on this!

Unless theres anyone in the derby area who can explain, show or even do it for me?!!:innocent:

Thanks

Vicki

Yes as Pete says, ECU is behind the steroe. you actually have to take the steroe out, and youll see two silver boxes on top of each other. the top one is the spoiler ECU.

The whole unit does come off in one. IIRC, you undo the bolts at the wheel arch / bumper fixing points, then the bolts to the brakets holding the mechanism to the chasis and i think thats it..

oh, and the undertray clips / bolts. its piss easy mate..

Hey, thanks Bob, im at work on sunday unfortunately. Have you done it before then?

It doesnt sound too hard to be honest, i suppose if i havnt done it by japshow, then could always have a go there with help and advice from ongoing supra owners! lol

Thankyou for all the advice. :)

• 4 weeks later...

i have got my near side headlamp out- dont i just have to reach down and undo the bolts either side that connect the spolier to my chasis?? i have undun the bolts underneath, im sure this is all i need to do????

Im going to give it a go now!

Can anyone say if im right in thinking that all i have to do is undo the 5 bolts on the undertray then the 5 bolts that attatch the spoiler to the chasis?? if so i can put my bumper screws and bolts back in as i have had to ask a fellow Supra forum member to come round and try undo my bolts, as im not strong enough!!

Oh right, a different bumper than standard? The active spoiler will fit back on with the intercooler on, mine does, and i have a big greddy 3row too, it just wont be 'active' anymore. You have to fix it down.

The active spoiler comes off really easily actually, its only a few bolts and a clip for the motor, comes off in one, you dont have to remove the undertray or owt, id love to help but im not 5minutes away :(

not much help am i?:(

Mikeys right, the rear produces the most downforce, but downforce for the rear of the car, the active spoiler is there to help produce the downforce for the front end, to minimise understeer i guess. You may notice a difference in handling, there was a thread on here not too long back about it, a member had taken his off and said the handling difference was quite noticeable.