The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Put front indicators in head lights

markymark

I would've thought - because the car has a switch on the indicator stalk with the fogs.

Wouldn't an MOT tester - test it because the spec of the car came with front fogs as standard ?

No. As Mark said, it isn't a requirement to have front fog lights working whether they are fitted or not.

But I've noticed the speed of the indicators are running faster, I remember a member mention when he done his he needed to replace the relay, so what I need to know is what relay do I need to buy?

The reason they're running faster will be that the bulbs you've used are a lower wattage, is that correct?

No need to change the relay, you'll need to put a resistor in the wire that goes to the bulb.

Not so easy to do this mod with facelift light, the side lights are in with the indicator. I would like to do it. :(

Edit - i just realised you used the fogs that link is for the side lights.

I did mine tother day as well. Mark You can either wire in some resistors or buy some of these bulbs> CLICK ME (thanks to Gary for the link ;) )

I painted mine a nice Georgian orange :D

I now have to duct my oil cooler a bit better.

A pic of mine:

mine.jpg

I don't know mate, the bulbs i bought were 21 w so i didn't have to add the resistors.

I think we have hijacked marks thread enough already :D Sorry Mark :p

Thats ok this is good info

I put the bulbs in today which were bigger than the original bulbs- which fit fine, I think they were 15w. I also bought the paint and coloured them.

• 5 months later...

Got to bump this thread. Mark has already given me some advice on putting the indicators into the side lights, but i've decided that i would like them in the fog lights now. Seeing as my car has no m.o.t, i want it to comply with the requirements to save any problems when i take it for testing. I cant fit the original indicators back for the time being as i've filled the mounting holes in the bumper during the respray!

So what i need to know is, if i wire the indicators onto the fog light bulb holders, what bulbs will be needed and is there anything else that i will need to do?