The mkiv Supra Owners Club

whats this do

Dave

What is the purpose of this on the underside of my intake pipe ,i dont think it can be any help to the airflow ,and was thinking of removing it and replacing it with a smooth piece of pipework .what do you think??????? Any help in getting a smooth airflow will surley help performance

Both.

That was my original thought, then I consulted the books and the passenger side one was labelled as th PCV whilst there seemed to be no mention of the driver side one.

Also, glad to her that there are no problems removing the resonator boxes - as soon as I can find some ally pipework the correct diameter I intend doing mine :) :)

What is the purpose of this on the underside of my intake pipe ,i dont think it can be any help to the airflow ,and was thinking of removing it and replacing it with a smooth piece of pipework .what do you think??????? Any help in getting a smooth airflow will surley help performance

Well, mine's now out and replaced with some nice shiny ally pipe and samco :D :d

Yes please my friend. Hows the wife and little un?

Wife's in bed right now - knackered:Pling: :Pling: Little lady's lying on my shoulder dribbling warm, partly digested milk down my neck whilst trying to get me to heave by making funny noises and smells from her other end:Pling: :Pling: :Pling:

AND I LOVE IT:d :D :d

76mm from the throttle body. However, the end of the Apexi tube is more like 80mm. I cut some of it off (aboit 1 1/2") and used a piece of 80mm samco with the rubber from the throttle body stuffed inside it at one end to make a snug fit betwen the ally pipe and the Apexi :) :)

I bet it also stops reversion...and so is a very good thing to leave in place, or replace with a blingier equivilent.

By reversion I mean double reading the air at the MAF when the throttle plate slams shut. Without it you'll probably overfuel on lift off...which could induce stalling.