The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big Plume of white smoke

psymon

Guys

On way back from Matins open day, I was on full boost when I looked in mirror and saw a large plume of white smoke outta of the zorst. Backed off and it cleared. Put foot down again and a bit more came out but not much. then it cleared....

Sarjo and Moistfinger were behind me and said after this it cleared itself. I have checked my oil and dipstick for mayo, non present and water level is ok.

Anyone have any ideas, its never happened before and didn't do it again on the last 50 miles home....

cheers

Si

Hmmmm, I'll check the auto box fluid as i have topped it up, but this was before Dragonball, and this is the first time its happened.

But saying that, I had a boost leak that I have found and fixed last week

Any other suggestions welcome, am a bit worried but not really got anything solid to go on, have I ... Car only done 50,000 surely head gasket shouldn't have gone

cheers

Si

Been thinking and have another theory. I changed my o2 sensor the day before and as per threads on here squirted wd40 on the nuts to lossen them. I was a bit liberale with it. Now the flash point of this is around 130 degrees. It was pissing down on the way there, but nice on the way back.

This could possibly be the culpit.

Also gonna check my tranny levels today too as suggested in my other post bout the head gasket. Cheers Scooter....

Si