The mkiv Supra Owners Club

whats the right way to fit the aerotop roof and where can i get the tool from

steve0

hi folks i know this sounds silly but hows the right way to remove and refit the aerotop roof ive no stickers or instructions on mine so i havent really got a clue whats the right way to do it and where would i get the right tool for it as ive just been using an allen key and im quite sure your better with the tool thanks

You only need a 5mm hex bit on a screw driver - electric screw driver preferred for the lazy amongst us (me).

With regards fitting, you need to do or undo the bolts in the order: front drivers side, front passenger side, rear passenger side, rear drivers side. Do them up gently in that order then go round again and torque them properly.

Forget the central shoot-bolt - it makes naff all difference to the stability or weather-proofing, and is only for holding the roof down when parked up (assuming you slung it on quickly, and intend to remove it before driving away).

You only need a 5mm hex bit on a screw driver - electric screw driver preferred for the lazy amongst us (me).

With regards fitting, you need to do or undo the bolts in the order: front drivers side, front passenger side, rear passenger side, rear drivers side. Do them up gently in that order then go round again and torque them properly.

Forget the central shoot-bolt - it makes naff all difference to the stability or weather-proofing, and is only for holding the roof down when parked up (assuming you slung it on quickly, and intend to remove it before driving away).

:shock:

so when Paul Walker flips the top off when driving along the highway in the fast and the furious that's a load of crap?!?!

it's like i've been told Santa isn't real or something equally insane...tut.

:shock:

so when Paul Walker flips the top off when driving along the highway in the fast and the furious that's a load of crap?!?!

it's like i've been told Santa isn't real or something equally insane...tut.

I'm not even going to respond to that...

DOH!!