The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift clear indicators - bulb holder problem

francis

Hi guys,

I ordered some facelift clear front indicators from Steve Manley (including an extra loom for the off side) a few weeks ago, which arrived promptly as promised.

The problem is that the bulb holders on the additional loom don't fit in to the light assy, as you can see from the photo the tabs are different. I called Steve and he ordered another set in to check but they came out the same, but he told me someone on here had the same problem but got around it somehow.

Have I got the right loom? Is it a case of chopping off the wires to the bulb holders on the loom and attaching them to the bulb holders that come with the light assy?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Francis

NHE_0318.JPG

NHE_0319.JPG

NHE_0320.JPG

Yes Francis you have the correct loom (there is only one). The extra loom you have is intended to fit the opposite indicator, as you see from the attached pic only one of the indicators comes with a loom. The other has a bulb holder, this is just the way they attach to the facelift wiring loom. The problem as you have found, is that the bulb holders on left and right indicators are not interchangable, as the locking tab/slot pattern is slightly different.

One of the bulb holders on the end of the loom (smaller one from memory), you should be able to make fit, the other one you will need to trim the locking tabs and elongate the slot a little with a knife, if you do this, you should be able to make the other bulb holder fit.

ps. I have a few sets of facelift indicators in stock at the moment if anyone else needs a pair :)

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3664/p10104140bs.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1026/picture13pv.png

• 4 years later...

Think I`ll use this old thread to ask a question related to this.

I have Toyota facelift indicators, but no bulb-holders on them because last owner replaced headlights with pre-facelift uk glass ones and had surprisingly lost the holders :(

I realised from Nics pictures above that I have to buy one new harness to get bulb holder to drivers side. That`s ok.

But on passenger side I can just buy bulb holder separately, but the question is "what do I connect to passenger side indicator bulb holder?"

Now I have just 2 wires taped up on there where should be indicator bulb holder :(

Is your car a facelift Supra? On the facelift Supra, on one side the main wiring loom plugs directly into the back of the bulb holder on the other side the main wiring loom connects to the indicator harness.

If you have a pre-facelift Supra then you will need 2 x indicator harnesses and the wires will need splicing into the main wiring loom, there is a guide HERE

Is your car a facelift Supra? On the facelift Supra, on one side the main wiring loom plugs directly into the back of the bulb holder on the other side the main wiring loom connects to the indicator harness.

If you have a pre-facelift Supra then you will need 2 x indicator harnesses and the wires will need splicing into the main wiring loom, there is a guide HERE

Yes I have facelift.

Previous owner had for some reason lost the indicator bulb holders and had spliced the wires to pre-facelift headlights .. hmm. Leaving the oem indicator places empty.

But this morning my head worked little better than yesterday after long day of work. I went to Toyota to order 2 new indicator BULB HOLDERS. Simple as that :)

Sorry for wasting 40seconds of your life to write that last post, Nic :D